So... in case you didn't know... my wonderful, Hawaiian vacation was cancelled at the last minute b/c my friend couldn't get out of a school commitment. Well, she could have... but then she would have failed her internship and we can't let that happen, now can we?! So, am I angry... no. Bummed... most definitely!!! I've been trying to think of all the positives from this little bump in the road and this is what I've come up with so far...
1. I had the chance to go up to Seattle and visit my friend Jen... which I've been wanting to do forever!
2. Instead of getting a head-start on my tan for the summer... I'll just be able to retain it longer by going to Hawaii later in the fall. So I'll still be tan when everyone else's tan has faded. For those that know me... you know it's all about the tan!
3. I will have more time off available for when my sister comes in June!! Yeah!!
4. Per my roomie... now we get to go grocery shopping and stock the kitchen with tons of food!!
5. No risk of being eaten by a shark next week.
6. Safe from getting skin cancer... for another few months anway.
7. Won't be tempted to buy 10 cheesy Hawaii t-shirts for $20 at the swap meet!
Um, yeah... that's all I've got for the moment. Let me know if you can think of anything else... I'm desperately in need of "positives"!! :-)
1 comment:
man that sucks! sorry that you won't get your lovely vacation. hopefully it'll be that much sweeter when you actually do get to go.
Post a Comment