Unfortunately, I don't have any pics... but I ran my 4th race of the season back on 5/4. Sara and I met up and ran the our 2nd Cinco de Mayo race. I forgot how much I HATED that course! And they switched it up on us and the uphill portion was even worse... but the kicker is... both Sara and I ran our fastest pace yet! LOL! I started running 3 yrs. and I pulled off my best time yet!! I came in at 27:36, which is a pace of 8:53... woo hoo!!! I was 12/66 for my age div, 61/316 for females and 151/497 overall. I was a very happy camper!!
I've been doing Track Tuesdays with Marty (regional sales mgr) and Craig (my boss) and they're brutal, but they're helping me improve my pace time!! I've only done it 4 times... 3 times we did 12 x 400's, which weren't bad. I definitely saw improvement each time with my ability to keep up with them. But this week, Marty and I did 8 x 800's. Wow. Not as bad as I feared, but still tough. For those not familiar with track... we did 2 laps around the track, took a 90 sec rest and then did it again... 8 times. So it ends up being 4 miles... but it trains your body to run at a faster pace. It rocks! I was a little behind Marty, of course, but he said at the pace I was running, it would be a sub-8 mile. So I should be able to run 3-4 miles at a 8:30 pace. SWEET!!!
I think it's official... I'm a runner! I finally have a hobby!!! :-)
4 comments:
Way to go! I'm so impressed!
and a most ambitious hobby at that! wow!
You are AMAZING woman! I wish I loved running like that, then I could have a bosy like yours, but (sigh) I of course do not, and therefore have a body like mine. :o)
Ha ha, bosy = boDy.
Post a Comment