Friday, April 24, 2009

Stuff.

Goodwill pile!

Boy, do I have a lot of "stuff". A couple of weeks ago, I packed up my apartment to move in with the Crafts, and tried my best to purge the things I no longer need. It's amazing how much stuff I hold on to!! :-) I'm a sentimental fool!! But I did it... I finally got rid of some stuff!! For instance, my 1994 prom t-shirt that hasn't been worn since 1995... the "hoochie mama" clothes from my college days... the Forever 21 shirt that I never wore, because I didn't have the right shoes... the bandana from the dance costume I purchased, but never wore because I quit the class because they fired my teacher... along with numerous shoes, purses and countless t-shirts!!! It was really quite freeing!! LOL!!!

Chris came down on 4/17 to help me finish up packing and we loaded a 6x12 Uhaul trailer with almost all of my stuff!! Trying to decide on what I could live without for the next 3 mos. kinda sucked. Considering that I can't make decisions, the idea of packing some of my options up and sending them 4 hrs. north almost caused a panic attack. What if I need that shirt... who cares that I haven't worn it in almost 3 yrs... what if I want to wear it one day?! Stress, I tell ya... STRESS!

It's funny tho, after packing the Uhaul up to the max... I was amazed at how much STUFF I still had at Violet's. Tons of stuff actually... what a surprise. Just like any good trip... I always overpack and bring more than I need. Oh well. Sad part is, I have no good place to put it yet. I'm amazed that I could find clothes that first whole week!! LOL!!! But slowly but surely, the basement/Violet's studio is being confirmed into a temporary bedroom for me and my stuff! And I don't mind the war zone that I've got going on, because I'm LOVING the time with my family away from home! There's nothing like sitting down in the breakfast nook for cinnamon rolls on a Saturday morning, getting serenaded by a 4 yr. old about how much she loves Aunt Stacie!! I wouldn't change my circumstances for anything!!!

Meanwhile, Chris is enjoying my new bed and bedroom furniture, altho, he's not using my pink duvet cover for some reason (haha). Although, my framed picture of pink flowers did make it up in his living room... it replaced the stuffed owl that was hanging up. My TV & stereo were hooked up almost as soon as they were unloaded!! And all my kitchen stuff is up there, too... but I doubt he digs into that too much!! Haha!! I sure will when I go up to visit in a couple of weeks!! It's amazing what you miss, when the freedom has been taken away!! I can't wait to cook... don't know what, nor do I care... I just want to cook something with my stuff!!!! :-)


The mighty Uhaul, my new home in PA and the mountains in my backyard!!!
It's a beautiful sight... every last bit of it!!!! :-)

2 comments:

liliuokalani said...

why does your goodwill pile look so small?! ;)

Kansas said...

SHUT YOUR FACE!!! I got rid of a lot of stuff, thank you very much. And more was added after this pic was taken. How dare!?! LOL!!!