Sunday, April 25, 2010

Amy's visit

My friend Amy came up from Vancouver for a weekend getaway! She came up Saturday evening after attending the Beth Moore simulcast down in Vancouver, which was funny because I was attending it up here with friends from church. It was EXCELLENT!!! But anyway, Amy came up in the evening and we just hung out at the house and caught up on life!

On Sunday, she attended service with us and then a large group of us went out for lunch. After lunch, sadly, Chris had a YoungLife meeting so he missed our adventure up to the Ridge, so it was just Marc, Amy and I. I missed having Chris up there with us more than I thought I would. There was definitely a void. But he was home by the time we got back down and we all ran to the store to pick up some steaks and we grilled in the backyard, played some Bocci ball and chilled by the fire. It was a quick weekend, but it was a great escape for her (not to mention a chance to get to know Marc a little better! They met at Chris and I's wedding!!) and it was great for me to have a bit of Portland up here in PA!!




















No comments: