Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The year of the CRAFT!

So, thanks to my new addiction to Pinterest, I've developed the need to be "crafty". I find it ironic that I had the Queen of Craft (seriously, you have NO idea) available to me with all her wisdom, resources and creativity at my fingertips for 15 yrs. and it's not until I move 4 hrs. away that I feel the need to craft. I guess, it's the same way she felt the need to pick up running, after me and my lonely-running-self moved those lovely 4 hrs. away. No bitterness here tho! :-) Anyway, I've decided to do 12 crafty projects in 2012. I really want to decorate our house for all the holidays but it's not in the budget to buy things, so I'm hoping to find some cheap crafts, and add to the collection each year!

I found some cute Christmas decorations on Pinterest, and over Christmas vaca in KS, I took full advantage of my Dad's shop and his fabulous skills! He cut me some wood blocks and sanded them, then I stained them and came home and created these with a little scrapbook paper and Mod Podge...

I also have blocks cut & stained to create F-A-I-T-H to stay up all year, I just have to pick the paper. I also plan to create L-O-V-E for Valentine's next year!

I've also gotten back into crocheting. Once again, Pinterest showed me some cute hats for babies, so I intended to make a hat for my friend Stacy's daughter, Vivian. Well, it ended up fitting me... and I now have 4 new hats and cute infinity scarf! Vivian's hat... still a work in progress! :-)


Thanks to Violet, I also am working on a copy-cat craft from her house... a string of felt hearts for Valentine's Day. I'll post a pic of that once it's complete. I can't seem to ever finish the craft before the actual holiday, but I will be all set for 2013!!! Haha!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

LOVE IT! Such cute projects! I love the hat and scarf, too, and I know Vivian will look adorable once you size it down. Have we talked about crochet? I know we've talked about crafting but I love to crochet too! Could be Mommy brain that I don't remember. Let's do some crafts together soon!