
Thursday morning Steph and Kori dropped in to say hello and then the rest of Justin's family started rolling in for the day's festivities around 11pm. Violet, Justin and I rotated between showering, preparing food and last minute cleaning. And wha-la! Thanksgiving dinner was served!! I think Justin was a little more stressed with the way it all went down, but this is Violet's specialty... taking a task that seems impossible and making a masterpiece!! All of you that went to college with us will know exactly what I'm talking about!!

Anyway, food was awesome... the company, as always, was quite entertaining... and once again, Heather and I lost at Trivial Pursuit!!! We even merged with Abby and Violet and still lost!! Oh well, it always provides good laughs!! The first few years we played the original version, but RD (Justin's dad) has met everyone and experienced everything... first SuperBowl, he was there... riots at Berkeley... there. And his wife, Linda, has read everything!! We never had a chance. Then one year, we attempted the Star Wars addition... which meant we just sat back and watched Justin and Mikel answer all the questions. So a couple of years ago, we purchased the 90's addition, thinking we'd have a better chance of winning... not so much. We put up a good fight, though!

As the night went on, folks got sleepy and headed back to their homes and I stayed up to watch Violet finish the tree and then crashed for a good-night's sleep in Mia's bunk bed, praying that Violet would sleep in and not get me up at 6am to attack Wally World!!! Aaahh... another successful Turkey day!!
1 comment:
Holy cow! Haven't played Trivial Pursuit in ages! May have to pull that one out of the closet at Christmas time!
Post a Comment