Saturday, July 14, 2007
Long day in the sun...
So I slept in this morning... yeah... and got up with the ambition to go running. Heaven forbid I go to the gym where it's air conditioned... NO, I decide to run outside. So I pick out my Adidas outfit that will allow me to get the best tan and head off around 11:30am. God did hook me up with some great shade and cloud cover at times, but needless to say it was still hot and there was alot of walking breaks!! Overall, I think my distance was about 7.2 miles... in the hot sun. But whatever, I had fun!! Sara informed me last night that she wants to do Pints to Pasta with me in September, which is a 10K (6.2 ish mi) and so this morning as I laid in bed, I realized I have less than 2 mos. to train for that, so that was most of my motivation for getting out this morning. It felt good, tho!!
THEN... I once again branched out and found my local swimming pool today!! I grabbed a Subway sandwich on the way and spent about 2.5 hrs. at the pool by myself!! And I actually got some laps in, too!! I knew I needed to be by water today... laying out the back yard wasn't going to cut it!! It was fun... and I have a feeling they'll be seeing me more often!!
After the pool, I came home and got ready for church. And afterwards, Nina, Amiyah and I all went downtown for a nice dinner!! For not having any plans when I laid my head down Friday night, Saturday turned out to be a pretty great day!! I even got to talk to Baby J, which always makes my day better!!
Can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring... :-)
P.S. Now that today is practically over... only 3 more days until my bday!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment