Monday, September 17, 2007

Progress...


Well, it's official... I'm finally ALL moved in!!! No where near to being unpacked and organized... but all my stuff is in one place and it feels WONDERFUL!!! I'm so excited for this new chapter of my life!!

And praise God for Violet!! Lily summed it up well when she said Violet is a godsend! :-) Violet helped me with 3 loads on Monday, her and the girls helped me on Wednesday, they helped again with a couple loads on Friday, 1 final load on Saturday, then a 4 hr. marathon trip thru IKEA on Sunday, that ended with us putting together my new pretty bed. Actually, Violet put it together and I supplied her with screws and Peanut M'n'M's. Word to the wise... look at what's in your hand before tossing it into your mouth!! LOL!!! My abs still hurt from laughing hysterically after Violet tossed a screw into her mouth!!! Back to my bed... it has no mattresses, of course, because those are at the dump!! :-) But it's still pretty!! For those that are wondering, my bed was old and ratty with springs popping up, but it was FREE courtesy of Justin & Violet and I greatly appreciated it over the past 7.5 yrs!! But I knew if it traveled with me yet again, I would never get rid of it... and this way I'm forced to invest in a new, good bed... and maybe my parents will actually come visit me again!! (Just kidding!)

So anyway, I'm SO excited to be in my new place... and it's been so fun to organize and have plenty of room to put things. My closet it HUGE and I'm getting rid of stuff and have big plans to buy new stuff... I can't wait for it all to come together!! So here's a few pics of my progress!! Oh, and a pic of Mia, Cannon and Aliyah (our neighbor's granddaughter!) She had so much fun playing in the leaves with the girls... they were our entertainment on Friday!!! :-)

Kitchen (still in progress)

Living room (front window)

Living room

My room... and my make-shift bed my first week in the apt!!

My pretty new bed, with pretend mattresses!

And the bathroom...

Mom... I LOVE the shower curtain!! Notice the pretty matching soap!! Aaahh... it's the little things!! :-)

4 comments:

Jackie said...

it is a pretty bed...hope you can sleep on it soon. and the bathroom looks so fun.

Jeff and Michelle said...

Wow - I'm loving your matching soap! And your pretty hardwood floors, and your new bed, and I'm soooo jealous that you get to go to IKEA. I want to be able to go to IKEA! :P Anyway, it looks awesome, and I'm so glad you're having a great time getting settled in!

SUPER said...

I love that bathroom curtain too! Fabulous! So, when do you think you're gonna get a mattress for that pretty new bed?! ha
Oh, and IKEA rocks my world! Did you eat some swedish meatballs while you were there?

jodikay2005 said...

where did you get the shower curtain from i love it?