It's definitely not easy to "praise Him thru the storm", but I think one of the keys to doing so is finding the blessings in the rough. To open your eyes and see God's hand at work... whether it's in the big things or the small things. After my Gma fell, and when she had us scared because she wasn't coming out of the anesthesia... I was consumed with prayers for her healing and complete recovery. But as I look back, I'm truly amazed at how He was at work in some of the smallest of details!!! His provision is constant and it's because He loves me and cares for me so incredibly much!! Some might try to call it luck... but I know without a doubt, that it was my Father in heaven, working all things out for the good of those that are called according to His purpose. Rom. 8:28.
Below are some things I found to be thankful for in the midst of the storm.
I'm thankful...
* that I am blessed with awesome managers that allowed me to leave so unexpectedly and for my wonderful co-workers that took care of all my accounts in my absence.
* for the great customer service at the airport that made sure my luggage made it to Hays, even though my flights were on 2 separate airlines.
* that God put the Insleys (my high school youth group leaders) on the plane with me from Denver to Hays so instead of depressing thoughts and sadness all the way to Hays, I had great conversation and fellowship and was able to greet my family with smiles instead of tears!
* for the great nurses and therapists that took wonderful care of my Gma and were patient with me and all my cousins with all of our continuous requests and questions.
* that God allowed us to see a small bit of progress every day to give us hope!
* that He answered my prayer to hear her say "I love you!"
* that He granted Matt's wish to wheel her around the hallway in her wheelchair!!
* that even though my phone had stopped working 2 weeks prior to my trip... He allowed it to start working again at the hospital, so I could keep in touch with my cousins and the folks back in Ptown to keep them updated.
* For the fact that every single one of the kids AND grandkids made it to Hays to visit Gma! And for the time that I was able to spend with my cousins... in and out of the hospital! And although it was unfortunate circumstances. it was wonderful to see the family together again!
* for our church family in Hays for all the prayers, visits, flowers, Arby's sandwiches, casseroles and continued support for my grandparents and family during Gma's recovery.
* for our pastor's and their wives for their faithfulness and love for the people in their congregation.
* for the community of local pastor's and their wives that came up to my Gma's room and sang Christmas carols to her one evening... and the chance to be there to sing along and experience it with her and the rest of my family.
* for the masses of people that were willing to lift her up in prayer and the churches that put her on their prayer chains... whether they knew her or not!
* for the chance to see just a small portion of the many lives my Gma has touched and what an example of Christ's love she has been to so many people!
* for the ability to praise God thru the tough times and the chance to see His glory and healing touch!!
* and for traveling grace. Although my flight was delayed almost 3 hrs. out of KC, I'm thankful that they had me booked on a new connecting flight before I even stepped off the plane for my layover and I'm extremely thankful that the delays happened on the way home... and not as I was rushing home to be by my Gma's side.
Luck and good fortune? I don't think so... Thank you Jesus!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment