
Here we go!! Sorry, the pics are sorta out of order... but if I tried to put them in chronological order, it would be another 2 mos. before I got them posted! Lil and I both got to Oahu on Friday, 2/8 and we went straight to the North Shore! The waves were big and the surfing was fabulous! Not that we got in the water... but watching it was GREAT!!! Shoot... watching THEM was great!! I think I found my new favorite sport... or should I say athlete!! LOL!! We chilled on the beach and watched the sun set, met a cute Brazilian surfer that shared his surfing wisdom with us. And we, of course returned the favor by sharing a beer and giving him and his surf board a ride back to his "tent village". True definition of a surf bum. I might be able to handle that lifestyle for a few mos. at a time... do nothing but lay on the beach and work on my tan. I wonder if Docs would let me take a month sabbatical every year?
Anyway, here was our typical day... wake up, go to Tamura's for spam musubi, yummy beverages and ice, head to the beach of choice, work on our tans, flip and work on tans again, snap a few pics, drink a few Kona Longboards as the sun set, chill with friends in the evening, get a few hrs. of sleep and start all over again!!! :-) Perfection!!!
We spent most of our time on the North Shore! We didn't really get in the water too much due to the time of year, the current was really strong... but the 16-18 ft. swells made the surfing GREAT!! We did swim a little bit at Barber's Point and then again at Hanauma Bay when we went snorkeling. But for the most part... as long as we were in the sun, with the sound of crashing waves in the background, we were happy!!!!
The Pro Bowl was awesome... as was the tailgating before and after!! Lily's cousins' friends know how to tailgate!! We also spent time at the Swap meet, spending WAY too much money... but oh well! I was on vacation!!! :-)
Pro Bowl '08 (a.k.a. heaven!)
Tony Gonzales, Kansas City Chiefs #88... love him!!
Me, Faith (Lil's cuz) & Lil
North Shore... we spent a lot of time at Bonzai Pipeline... i mean A LOT!!! :-)
Check out the wipeout on the left side!



Happy girls!!



Lil and I goofin' around at Turtle Bay resort...but only for 30 minutes, b/c then they charge ya for parking! LOL!!

Makin' our way around the island... this is on the west side, on our way towards Kaneohe
This is the spot I tried to give myself a concussion... this was pre-headache!
GORGEOUS!!
Turtle island
This was some random beach along the way...
Water was beautiful... but I was too busy soaking up the rays!
New beach = new self-portrait!
Chinaman's Hat
... and yet another angle.
And back to North Shore for the sunset!




Got it! Nice work Lil!
The sun set on another perfect day!
We conquered Diamond Head once again!
And actually asked someone else to take our picture... brilliant!
Hanauma Bay


Headed around the island again, on our way to Sunset Beach!

Barber's Point (first time I saw a turtle chillin' in the water...
Pualani says it's b/c they love her shorts!)

Back to North Shore... always back to North Shore!
Can ya blame us?!
Peace be with you...
... and also with you!


Waikiki
We didn't spent too much time in Waikiki... we attempted to boogie board, but the reef was tearing up our knees. So we watched the sun set, grabbed some food and walked the strip!



Sun, beach, water and a Venti Iced Caramel Latte... what more can a girl ask for!?
No comment.
Spam musubi... breakfast of champions!!
Waimea Bay

This was the rock that Lily and Jen jumped off of last time (Sept 04)... there was no jumping this time!



yeah... definitely no jumping!

Introducing our friend Kona Longboard













Night out with the girls... (and Brandon!)
Poni, Pualani, Lil & I
We got up EARLY on Sunday morning (6:30am) and headed to the beach to check out the turtles! It took us awhile, but Lily finally spotted one close to the beach and we were able to see a couple close-up! They were HUGE! If it would have been warmer, we would have gotten in, but we had to make it back to town to get ready for church! Next time!!




Poni and Brandon's son... such a cutie!! 
Pualani, Poni, Lil & I
Poni & Brandon and their kids, Lily, Me & Pualani @ church
Our last night, we headed down to Waikiki and met up with Lil's cousins TJ and Kelly!! We went out with them a couple of times last time, so it was great to see them again!!! It was a wonderful 11 days!!! Probably could have used a couple more days... but not sure it would ever be enough!! I'll just wait 'til Lily moves there and then I'll come visit 2x a year... just enough to keep my tan going year round!! LOL!!!
3 comments:
Wow - that is a crazy lot of beach time! I would be uber-roasted! Glad you had lots of fun on your vacation. :)
thanks for the massive update! the pictures are fantastic and i'm glad you had such a great time on your long overdue vaca. it was also great to see all the pictures of your family. your gram looks great for having just been in the hospital and i hope she is improving still.
hey, have you visited my blog recently? you should...
Post a Comment