On Thursday, around 4:30 pm, I received an email with this picture...
I immediately picked up the phone and called Chris, who casually said "I don't know what you're talking about?". I ran downstairs to find him standing along the side of my building!!! I wrapped my arms around him and gave him a big kiss... still in disbelief that he was standing in front of me!!! I had a feeling he was coming down that weekend, but never imagined that he would come down on Thursday!!! I was SO excited to see him!!! And I had just told him a few days earlier that I would love for him to come down on a Thursday sometime so he could see what I do with the 1-on-1 program!! I wanted him to meet all my kids!! He said he had to hold back the laughter on that one, since his surprise was already in the works at that point!
So he chilled with me at work while I finished things up, and then we headed to Mt. Olivet for 1-on-1. He's a brave soul... he had to endure the squeals and numerous questions from all the girls in my van. And then we both had the spotlight on us when Omar made me introduce the guy that was going to be taking me away from the program! Nice. After the program, we went downtown to meet up with Ana and her boyfriend, Paul at Henry's for a drink. It was the first time either of us had met Paul, so that was cool!
I still had to work on Friday, so he spent the morning with Ana & Alexis and then met me for lunch around 12:30pm. After we ate, he went down to the Apple store to drool over the new laptops, then headed back to chill at the office with me. That evening we went to one of the McMennamin's to catch a movie, wandered through Ikea and Best Buy, then finished up with a late dinner at Stanford's. Ana and Paul were headed to the house to watch a movie, so we joined in and I just crashed in Jayden's bed for the night.
Saturday morning we got up early and grabbed some coffee in my neighborhood, and Ana, Paul and the girls met up with us for brunch at Screen Door. Chicken and Waffles... sweet tea... pure bliss!!! I LOVE that place!!! After brunch we went downtown for some miniature golf and then headed up to Washington Park for a walk through the rose garden... even though there were no roses yet! LOL!! By the time we finished our walk, it was about time for him to head home, so we headed to my house to heat up some leftovers and he was off!!!
It was a great weekend! And we did quite a bit in the short time that we had! Now there's only 2.5 weeks before our KS trip!!! 17 days to be exact... not that I'm counting!! :-)
1 comment:
What a sweet surprise! I'm still gettin used to this blogging thing but I just wanted to let you know how HAPPY I am for you, Kansas! Sounds like you've got yourself a great guy & you totally deserve it! Can't wait to see how things progress =)
Post a Comment