Saturday, February 14, 2009

Baptist Bistro

The kids of FBC (First Baptist Church) are headed up to Mt. Ranier in March for their winter retreat, so they put on their 2nd annual Baptist Bistro to help raise funds for their trip. It was a long day, but a lot of fun! I was glad to be a part of it!! Chris's friend Laura is from Italy and is a stellar cook, so she helped out again this year! And then we fit in wherever we could help!! Chris and I spent an hour Saturday morning cleaning and setting up tables, then went back at 2pm to meet Laura and some of the kids to start preparing for the evening! The kids worked really hard... whether it was serving, washing dishes or preparing the plates... they did awesome!! The night was a success and we heard nothing but compliments from our guests!!!

I handed my camera over to one of the kids and asked him to takes pics for me, so here's the night through the eyes of Thomas...

Sierra is the wonderful young lady to the right...
she's the one that schemed up the Valentine's surprise for Chris!!


Laura (the chef) & I
You know I had to steal the camera back for atleast 1 self-portrait! LOL!

Pastor Tim
(I stay with Tim and his wife Stacy when I visit!)

I'm really enjoying my weekends up there visiting Chris, obviously, but I'm also happy for the opportunity to get to know his church family and start building relationships with the kids in the youth group! I was able to go up and help with their Christmas program back in December, and now the Bistro! I'm anxious to get up there & be involved on a permanent basis!!

After we finished cleaning up, we took one of the kids home and then he surprised me with a stop at Baskin Robbin's for some ice cream!! I love this boy!! We headed back to his house and crashed on the couch with a movie. After 7.5 hrs. in the kitchen, it was nice to finally throw our feet up and relax!! It was definitely a long day, but I enjoyed every minute of my first Valentine's Day with Chris! Valentine's Day has a whole new meaning nowadays!! :-)

1 comment:

Jeff and Michelle said...

Ok - this last picture is just too cute!