Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Moments...


For a girl who doesn't really care for change all that much... my world has recently been flipped upside down. But it's all good... because I'm SO excited for what's to come!!! I have been truly blessed with a gift!! Chris is nothing short of God's answer to my prayers, and my family's prayers, as well!!!! I cannot wait to to be married to him and start our life together!!!

But at the same time, it's bittersweet. It's going to be tough leaving Portland behind. Yes, I love my job and my church and all the people that I've come to know as friends out here. But I'm also leaving family. Violet has been one of my best friends since 1996 and I lean on her for a LOT! I have nephews of my own, but they are 1500+ miles away, so Mia and Cannon are the first 2 kids that I've been around from day 1. I'm definitely going to miss being there on a daily basis to see them grow up... and miss out on all the adventures that I'm accustomed to tagging along on. Yes, I know I'll have my own little feet pattering around the house someday and have new adventures to dream up and partake in, and trust me, I can't wait for that! But Saturday I had a moment.

As I watched Mia run down the soccer field, I couldn't help but tear up. Shoot, I'm tearing up right now. I'm going to miss those little knuckleheads! And as much as I'm loving the fact that I get to spend the next 3 mos. with these guys... I'm afraid it's going to make it that much tougher on them and ME to say "so long" and possibly go months before seeing them again. *sigh* I've already warned Chris that we're going to have to come back and visit quite often my first year up in PA. :-)

But like I said, it's all good. The moment came... and went. And I'm sure there will be plenty more moments like that over the next 3 mos. But there's also a moment coming that I've dreamed about forever... saying "I do" to the man of my dreams!! So bring on the change!!!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

bittersweet indeed...