So when Chris told me that the tradition in his family is to wake up early and open gifts, I didn't know he meant THAT early!! Santa came knocking on our door, yelling "HO, HO, HO" at around 7am-ish, and several more times after that, as Chris and I resisted waking up for awhile. And then there was Jon, Gracie and Max... eagerly awaited us to wake up! This apparently happened quite a bit for the boys growing up. Except back then, I believe Chris was waiting in the hall with Jon, and they were waiting for the girls to get up!
Santa! :-)
Chris and I didn't spend much on each other this year, so I tried to make it interesting and made a little scavenger hunt for him to run around and find his gifts... including a box of wheat thins, a collection of seasonal beers out in the garage, and a fillet of salmon for him to smoke.

We didn't have any kids running around, tearing into gifts... but the dogs sure were spoiled!!


If you look to the right of Chris's head... you'll see the AirHog and Gracie's got quite the vertical, she's managed to get it in her mouth a couple of times! It's pretty hilarious to watch... she's scared, yet wants it SO bad... all at the same time!! I'm hoping to post some videos, too!!
After all the excitement of gifts, and once our tummies were full of a yummy breakfast... it didn't take long before we started crashing. Even the dogs were out!!!

After a good morning nap, Jon, Chris and I headed over to the Salvation Army to help serve on the clean-up team for their Christmas dinner for the homeless. Some friends from church Warren & Julie also showed up to help, as well as another couple Reba & Estill! I was proud of First Baptist for showing up and making a difference! We ended up manning the kitchen, and made sure the dishes were taken care of... and had a great time fellowshiping with one another. It wasn't your normal Christmas day, but I think it's the beginning of another great Christmas tradition!

No comments:
Post a Comment