Saturday, February 27, 2010

FBY Winter Retreat


So, it's been a few years, more like 15+ years, since I've been on a high school winter retreat. It was interesting being on the other side... the responsible adult, leading small group times, being the watchful eye, etc. But being on the other side didn't change the fact that it was still a lot of fun!! I'm really enjoying my role as youth pastor's wife!

Our winter retreat is combined with IBC here in PA, Sequim Bible and then a youth group in Port Orchard, so it's fun to have a large, mixed group! We took them up to Mt. Baker where we had 2 days full of boarding, tubing, exploring, etc. All of our kids chose to tube both days, so that made it easy for Chris and I! It never ceases to amaze me how high school kids have no fear! They were basically tubing off a cliff... there wasn't much incline... but they were having a blast, and I tried to keep my worrying to a minimum! Praise God we had no injuries!! Aside from the mountain, our speaker was great, the worship was fabulous and our cabin time was amazing! The only tough thing was the lack of sleep. We had 6:45am leader meetings... and when you're in a room with about 20 teenage girls, going to bed at a decent time is not likely. The first night they crashed pretty well, but the 2nd night was full of musical melodies of Disney and High School Musical! It was a fun weekend, but I was definitely excited to get back to the comforts of my own home!









































No comments: