Monday, September 13, 2010

Nursery Furniture has arrived!!!!


Chris and I took advantage of his Monday off and headed for Portland Sunday evening after the annual church picnic! We stayed at Ana & Paul's and then headed out early Monday morning to start our marathon shopping adventure! It was a super early morning, because Jayden was already in bed Sunday night when we arrived, and she leaves for school at 6:45 in the morning, so we were up before 6:30 to spend some time with her! And then we were able to spend some time with Miss Lexi and Ana before we left the house around 9am. First stop... the Apple store. Chris needed to go in there for something and to his surprise, they actually had the new iPhone he wanted in stock (they've always been sold out when we've gone in, in the past). He had one on order, but it wasn't due to arrive until Oct. 2nd, which might be a busy time considering I'm due Oct. 4th! So he was pretty excited when he was able to cancel his order and walk out of the store with a new, pretty, activated iPhone 4!!
After that was all taken care of, we stopped by Paul's work and had lunch with him, and then headed to Bed Bath & Beyond for a navy duvet cover and shower curtain rod. Violet's working on curtains and pillows for our bedroom, so we need a new duvet to match. And the bathroom is next on our list to attack, primarily removing the sliding shower door and putting up a curtain. The doors are a pain to clean and space is limited as it is... I can't imagine trying to bathe a baby/toddler the way it's set up now. Then it was off to Violet's to pick up one set of our bedroom curtains and pick out fabric for the nursery bedding! We made a trip to Fabric Depot and Chris was able to sit out front with all the other men and update his new phone, while Violet and I shopped! We came up with some really cool fabric combinations, and she's going to be working on making me some curtains, a pillow for the rocking chair, 2 changing pad covers, a quilt, bumpers, crib skirt and about 3 different sheets for the mattress!! SWEET!!!! Violet is amazing, that's all I gotta say!!! :-) Here's a couple of the fabrics we picked out... there's a couple more, but I wasn't thinking and didn't take pics of the whole collection, so you'll just have to wait until the finished product arrives and I'll take pics then!!! The top and bottom fabrics are flannel and will be sheets and changing pad covers. The middle print will be the bumpers and possibly the curtains!

After Fabric Depot, we headed to Babies 'R Us and picked up our crib, dresser, changing table, mattress and changing table pad. Chris, being the master packer he is, got it all secure and protected in the back and we headed to Target!! We didn't spend much time there, although I could have walked around the clothes section for quite awhile... but we were facing rush hour traffic if we didn't hurry, so we got out of there fairly quickly with a new diaper bag (yippee!) and a few other odds and ends. Luckily traffic wasn't too bad, we stopped at Panda Express real quick for dinner and headed back to Port Angeles to pick up Gracie and start assembling furniture!!!

This was Gracie's spot for the night, maybe because it was the only open spot to lay! It will be interesting to see if she still chills there once the Baby Mason comes!!

I helped a little... not much, tho. Chris was the master builder!




We finally finished things up around 2am. Well, Chris did. I ended up bringing a dining room chair in and crashed out pretty hard while he was assembling the dresser drawers. I woke up a couple times, either to the sound of Chris building, or my own snoring! Ha! Now that all the furniture is in there, the room is magically smaller!! :-) So I'm not sure how we're going to arrange it yet, since we still have a HUGE rocker to put in there!! But it's going to match the furniture well, and has great sentimental value since my grandparents gave it to my mom and dad when I was born!!


It was a big (and long) day, thank you Oregon for being tax free! I'm sure we probably spent more in gas than we saved in tax, but that's okay... it's always fun to see family!! I just wish we had more time so I could have seen Violet's girls!! But there's always next time... and next time, we'll be introducing Baby Mason!!! :-) And we're both super pleased with how the furniture looks... now the room really does look like a nursery!!! I can't wait to get the bedding and curtains set up, and figure out what decorations I want to put up!!! This is the fun part!!!!

2 comments:

Jeff and Michelle said...

That looks great! Good job - it's going to be awesome with the fabrics you picked out, too.

♥Carolynn said...

How fun! I can't wait to see the room when its done. Hope the pregnancy is going well!