August rolls around and it's just as packed!!
There wasn't as much traveling, which made the month seem more relaxed! In a nutshell... Lily and I hit up a Lu'au in NE Portland, skipped the church picnic to watch cute boys play in the annual King of the Beach volleyball tournament at the coast. We hung out at the river one weekend and watched other people paddle (Zambo opted out of this race) but of course, Lily found herself subbing in for other teams... I just soaked up the sun! Lily's family ended up making another visit to the NW, this time her oldest sister Cat, youngest sister Leilani, and once again, the entertaining nieces and nephews... Kamia, Alexie and E-dawg!! I didn't get to spend much time with them this time around b/c I already had tickets for my newest love...
X-games! Move over basketball... and bring on the skateboarders and bmx bikers!!! I'm now infatuated with BMX'ers Dave Mirra & Ryan Guettler and skateboarders Bucky Lasek, Shaun White (also pro-snowboarder), Andy MacDonald and PLG!! I caught a few shows on ESPN this summer and fell in love!! When I found out the Dew Actions Sports Tour was coming to P-town, I got my tickets and spent 3 whole days watching these events all my lonesome!! That's big time for a girl who HATES going anywhere or doing anything by herself!! I was in heaven, though, and got tons of pictures and video to re-live it until the next show comes to town!!
And to top the month off... my friend Sara, her fam and I all headed to the Clark County Ampitheatre to watch James Taylor!! Aaahh... WOW!! It was wonderful!!! And now I'm inspired to learn how to play guitar.... we'll see how long that lasts!!
No comments:
Post a Comment