Tuesday, September 20, 2005

For most of you...

a perfect weekend might include a spa treatment, winning the lottery, a tropical get-away... mine includes a little pigskin, linebackers, wide receivers, maybe some tight ends :-) and of course, a win for the KC Chiefs!! Needless to say, I was in heaven this weekend!! Saturday, Lily and I went to a Portland State football game!! The game was awesome and we had so much fun!! It worked out well b/c Lily's cousin was at the game also, so we sat next to her so Lily had someone to talk with, and I could zone in on the game and just hit her out of excitement every now and then!! We sat in the student section, so once again I miss college!! Although, FHSU has much better fans!! The PSU TKE's were representing, though... I have to give them props!! One of my accounts here in the NW has a son that plays for the team, so Lily and I went to cheer him and the Vikings on and he kicked butt!! 8 tackles, 2 for loss, and he recovered a fumble from the opponents 4 yd. line and ran it back for a TD. He got ripped off though, b/c the refs weren't able to get to the end zone in time and they called it back to the 1 yd. line. Jerks. Anyway... the game was awesome!! We've got another one this weekend, I can't wait!!

Sunday was my first day teaching children's church again!! I teach the kindergarteners, but they 3 yr. olds didn't have a teacher, so they merged them into my class. It's hard enough keeping the attention of 5 yr. olds... throwing 3 yr. olds in the mix was insane!! But it went well and I've got a great class from what I can tell so far!! My friend's daughter Amiyah is in my class finally, I've been waiting for her since she was 2... so this class is special already!! After church was football, a little nap... and more football!! GO CHIEFS!!! They kicked butt... my fantasy football team... not so much. But who cares... the Chiefs are 2-0!!!!!

Sidenote: Lily and I chilled at home on Friday and watched Fever Pitch and some other movie that I can't remember, b/c I was too busy being infatuated with Jimmy Fallon. Never thought he was cute until Friday... he had us rolling, and oohing and aahing... sigh. He's pretty funny in Taxi, too, with Queen Latifah. We rushed out and rented that one on Sunday!! The movie is worth renting just for the gag reel at the end... Lily and I both were grabbing our abs in pain, tears rolling down our faces, it was so dang funny!!

No comments: