Thursday, September 22, 2005

Beatlemania!!

So, I LOVE the Beatles. Last year Lily and I went to the Oregon Symphony when they hooked up with 4 guys that looked, acted and sounded JUST like the Beatles! It was the most amazing experience EVER... so much fun!!! Well, last night, Lily and I headed over to Crossroads Community Church to hear Ken Mansfield speak and share his testimony. He worked at Capitol Records and had the lucky break of being assigned the Beatles! He had great stories from those crazy days of hanging out with the Beatles but better yet, he shared his testimony of coming to know Jesus as his own personal Savior! It's crazy how you can seem to have everything... fame, fortune, the "dream" life... yet it's still not enough to make you truly happy, you still seem empty. God's the only thing that can fill that void. When I start to think about it, it blows my mind how marvelous and amazing God is. Words can't express the JOY that comes from knowing Him. You can't explain it, you just have to try it. I promise you... if you honestly throw your hands up and give Him a shot... you will NOT be disappointed. It's not about giving up your life and all the fun things that you do... it's about experiencing freedom. It's a release of pressure... knowing you don't have to be in control, God already is. He's taking care of you and everything around you. It' s not always easy, but trust me... it's so much better than NOT having Him in your life!! I've been on both sides of the fence... and I'll never turn back. Too many people get stuck on the "religion" aspect and forget that it's about a relationship. God isn't this idol that you worship and put up on a pedestal... He's the one and only God... He holds me tight and cries with me when I'm sad, He laughs with me & probably at me at times, and he loved me enough to send His only Son to die for ME. Even if I was the only one on this Earth... he would have sacrificed His life for me. It's overwhelming. Whew... didn't mean to go there, I guess someone needed to hear it! Peace out 'til next time!

No comments: