Friday, February 03, 2006

Rain, Rain GO AWAY!!!

My Uncle Wayne (Mom's oldest bro) flew in to P-town for a class for work. So instead of dealing with a mess at my new home or being depressed about Lily... I entertained!! We went to dinner on Tuesday and Lily actually joined us for that meal... at Henry's, of course! Wednesday night, we cheered on the Blazers in a surprisingly exciting game against the Spurs!! We lost, and didn't win a free Chalupa for breaking 100 pts.... but it was still good times!! Friday we met up out to again for a night out in the Hawethorne district! My cousin Stephen (Mom's other bro's youngest son... are you following all this?) was touring the NW with the band he promotes/manages... Slim Cessnas Auto Club (or something like that). It was so good to see him and catch up... and I was so proud of him!! He's doing something he loves, and he's great at it!! They were the headliner, which means they didn't go on until after 12:30am and were still playing at 2am when we finally left!! He wouldn't let me take his picture, but I got some great ones of Violet and Justin, who came out to show their support and enjoyed the well-deserved night out while Justin's mom watched the girls!!

Saturday morning, Uncle Wayne and I checked out a couple of art galleries and tried to spot Henry Winkler and Kevin Costner at a movie shoot, but no luck. We grabbed lunch at a nice little seafood restaurant along the Willamette River and hit a furniture store before heading out to the Gorge to check out Mulnomah Falls.

After the falls, we did a little shopping downtown and then came home to crash on the couch with some pizza and a movie! We watched The Gospel to prepare him for my church on Sunday morning. Mt. Olivet is quite a bit different than the Reformed Presbyterian that he goes to, and I grew up in. But it was good! He survived the clapping and swaying like a pro and didn't even realize that 2 hrs. had flown by!! We grabbed some breakfast and then headed to the airport. It was great to have him out here, and it was a nice distraction from what could have been a really tough week.

So as he headed back to Kansas... I headed back to the house to unpack. Fun times.

1 comment:

SUPER said...

Ok...that waterfall is divine...and if you had met Henry Winklerm, I'd have been seriously jealous. He's the Fonze afterall!