Monday, February 27, 2006

Seattle adventures

I'm such a bum. Andee and I went up to Seattle the weekend of Feb. 25th and I took maybe 3 pics... and 1 was with my phone, so that doesn't even count! And since I don't like to post messages w/out pics... enjoy the generic Space Needle pics from the internet! Dang, it's gorgeous out here!!
Andee and I loaded up on Friday after work, headed to one of my co-worker's house to make a quick appearance at her party and then headed off to Seattle around 9pm. We got there late, chatted with the parentals (Andee's folks) for a bit, and then crashed b/c breakfast is a tradition and it comes super EARLY! So, Saturday morning we were up at the crack of dawn and headed off for good 'ole waffles!! Then it was off to Leilani Lanes to cheer Mr. Andy on in his bowling tournament! Then Ms. Gussie, AndeeLynn and I headed to numerous malls in the Seattle area to search for shoes, handbags, makeup amongst many other girlie things! Saturday evening we hooked up with some of Andee's friends from college and my friend Jen (moved to Seattle from P-town a few yrs. ago) and we all enjoyed a night of dancing and catchin' up!!

Sunday morning we checked out a church in South Seattle and it was quite the experience! We, of course were a little late, but that didn't stop the ushers from taking us all the way up to the 3rd row. To our surprise, we still managed to get in on quite a bit of praise & worship, including a special song with Anson Dawkins!!! I was LOVIN' it!! Anson is 1/2 of the gospel group Dawkins & Dawkins. I first heard them when I was in Louisville, KY on my mission trip and that's where my love of gospel began!! Their CD was the first gospel CD I ever purchased, and I had to special order it, of course, considering I lived in Hays, KS! Anyway, I was thrilled to see him up there leading worship!! It was great!! SO... after worship, the choir's selections, a special prayer time, a special guest doing spoken word, and a group of young rappers sharing their talent, a special offering, the regular offering, and another reading, and then the embarassment of the guests (yes, that's right... they made us stand up to make sure we were warmly greeted... it was fabulous. They originally asked us to raise our hands, and when Ms. Gussie was the only one to obey, I think they made us stand up as punishment! Just kidding! That's just how some folks do... old skool folks, anyway!) So 2.5 hrs. later, the pastor only had 10 minutes left to give us a word, and even tho it started off a little crazy, he had a good message... too bad we weren't there to hear the rest of it the following week! SO... 3 hrs. later, we grabbed a bite to eat, stopped off to give love to Andee's nephew, Devon, and headed back to P-town! Fun times!!

No comments: