Friday, August 18, 2006

Do the stinkin' Dew!!!

It's that time of year again... Mt. Dew Action Sports Tour! I stepped out of my comfort zone last year and attended 3 of the 4 days all by myself and loved every minute of it!! I found myself in love with the skate vert, bmx vert, park & dirt competitions... and all of a sudden had new heroes such as skaters Bucky Lasek, Sandro Dias, Shaun White... and bikers Dave Mirra, Chad Kagy, Kevin Robinson, Scotty Cranmer & Ryan Guettler... just to name a few.

This year, I roped Sara into going with me... and she, too, is now mesmerized with the whole thing!! We headed over to the "village" around 3pm (my boss let me off early, IF i promised to make it in by 8am every day the following week... blast. The sacrifices I make for the athletes I love!). We got to see the skate vert prelims, which included Shaun White (he didn't come last yr. b/c he had to train for the Olympics)... the bmx dirt final... and then the bmx vert prelims. It was AWESOME!!

Skate Vert
Skate Vert - Shaun White
BMX Dirt FinalsBMX Dirt Finals
BMX Vert Prelims
BMX Vert Prelims
Dave Mirra... BMX biker (Vert & Park) looking right at me, i swear! :-) He wasn't able to compete, unfortunately, b/c he lacerated his liver in practice at the X Games. Ouch!


I wasn't able to go back on Saturday b/c Kate was having her graduation party (that's some real love right there) and then Sunday I had my fantasy football draft. So I soaked it up as much as I could on Friday... and I'm already excited for next year!!

No comments: