So an email goes out on Wednesday afternoon at work... apparently we hooked up the boys of Papa Roach with Docs, so in turn, they hooked up any DM employees that wanted to go to their concert that night with tickets and backstage passes!!! SWEET!!! Now, I have to admit, I hadn't really heard too much of their stuff, but considering my music of choice has changed in the past couple of years to rock/alternative over R&B/Hip hop... I jumped on myspace, checked them out and definitely wanted to go!! My friends Sara and Malinda were down as well... so we got our names on the list. It was at the same venue that Sara and I were at the week before for the Mat Kearney/The Colour/Jonny Lang concert. So we go thru security and the tell me it's a no camera show. Yeah, like that's going to fly with me!? I could either take my camera back to my car, or they would keep my battery and write my initials on it!! WHAT?! After a "Are you freakin' kiddin' me?!" I asked them how long they would be around after the show, b/c we had backstage passes and I didn't want them to be gone before I could get it back. Apparently those were magic words b/c they told me to go get my backstage pass and bring it back to show them and they'd let me keep my battery!! SWEET!!! It's good to be VIP!! SO... Sara and I headed upstairs and grabbed seats up on the balcony. And I'm SO glad we did... it was definitely the safest spot to be!! I didn't realize until after the concert started that all the ROCK concerts I've been to in the past, were all "christian" concerts!!! Um yeah... big difference. F-bombs exploding all over the place... and the mosh pit... OMG! NOTHING like the crazy christian kids. Wow.
Anyway, not only was the balcony the safest place to be, it's also proved to be pretty entertaining the last 2 times. Last week, during The Colours set, the lead singer jumped up on the speakers and jumped up on the railing to the balcony RIGHT next to me. I couldn't believe it. I knew I was supposed to reach out and touch him, but I wasn't about to be on the evening news as the girl that made him fall. Well, the lead singer of Papa Roach topped him. Not only did he jump up on the speakers... he climbed over and sung IN the crowd... all the way around. I tried to get my camera out when he was right next to us, but didn't get it out quick enough.
ANYWAY... the night ended up being a lot of fun!! The first band was local, and pretty good... the 2nd band was heavy metal and sucked (my opinion, of course)... but Papa Roach was awesome! And I'm definitely a new fan!! I LOVED them!! Malinda & Eric had to leave before it was over to relieve their sitter and unfortunately Sara and I were too tired (not to mention too shy) to go backstage, so we hit the road. We're just not as young as we used to be... but we're still HOT, dang it!!!




1 comment:
They are good and I don't care how tired you are girl...you don't just NOT USE your backstage passes! What were ya thinking?! ha
Post a Comment