PJ's... check. Crackers... check. Nemo pipe... check. Let's roll!!
Beautiful KS sunrise!
Me & Baby J
See... there are some hills in KS!! With snow even!! :-)
One more game of Hide-n-Seek before getting back into the car!
Me & Tiff
Tiff & Mark
Krisson & I
Chris, Krisson & Jordan
Dad, Mom and ICan I just say goodbyes suck. And they don’t seem to get any easier. Thank goodness for Jordan to keep things light-hearted. Most of the attention is on him running around the airport like a maniac b/c he’s been stuck in his car seat for WAY too long… and the poor thing had no idea he had to get back into it for another 4.5 hours!!! He’s such a trooper, though!! And it’s nice to have the distraction, instead of dwelling on me leaving.
And have I mentioned lately that God is good? Even though Denver got hit with 2 huge blizzards during my travel time to KS… it was clear and things were running smoothly when I headed back on New Year’s Day!! Well, smooth in regards to weather and my flights. Not everyone had that luxury. And I guess I really didn’t either… the weather may not have delayed my flights, but a steering issue with the plane sure did. My 2.5 layover, soon turned into a 4 hr. layover but my nose was so far into my book, I didn’t really care. I was a little worried when they mentioned it might be too late to get another plane and we might be sleeping at the airport, but even then… I was like “whatever”. Who cares that I’m getting into Portland at midnight now, which is really 2am KS time and I was up at the crack of dawn and getting up for work is really going to suck… it just once again proves the theory I seem to live by… “Who really needs sleep anyway?”
Moral of the story… I had a fabulous time at home in good ‘ole Hays, America. I have the best family in the world… the cutest nephews on the planet… and the best friends in the whole wide world. And although I didn’t get to see everyone that I would have liked to over my break, I did get to see some that I haven’t seen or spent time with for a long time, so that made me happy. My family seemed to monopolize my time and they were definitely my first priority… and funny how there didn’t seem to be enough time with them either. I guess that’s just a hardship I have to live with due to living so far away. Hmmm… well, until God says move back… I’ll guess I’ll continue on this life’s journey in the NW. And what a journey it will be!!! 2006 was a fabulous year… with so many travels and adventures and concerts and family and friends… and my calendar for 2007 is starting to fill up quickly!!! I already have tickets to 2 concerts… Mat Kearney next week and then the Roots in February!! Plus my cousin Stephen is bringing a couple bands out in February and then again in March!! Dr. Martens is hosting a party on Super Bowl Sunday and then they’re sending me to Atlanta for a show in the middle of February!!! I’m scheming to go to Hawaii for a week in April with Lily for the Kokua Festival and plans are in the works for an AGD reunion in Vegas over Memorial Day weekend!!! So stay tuned, 2007 is already shaping up to be a great year and you know me… I’ll definitely keep ya posted!!!
I hope you all have a blessed, fun-filled, adventurous 2007!!!
2 comments:
fun times in KS, u did survive the snow! i cannot believe how big that jordan is, good-ness! fam looks fab, congrats to chris n krisson and my-o-my how time has flown!
also lookin' fwd to 2007 adventures, especially kokua festival baby!!
ciao~
ps..where's baby in the bar pic?! ;)
oh it's in there... it's the pic of Baby J & Papa playing pool at the Q! you probably missed it b/c there there wasn't a "thumbs up" victory picture in there!! LOL!!
Post a Comment