So I feel like I’ve been hearing God’s voice a lot more lately, which has been pretty darn cool! I don’t remember ever asking to hear Him more clearly… I think I’m just finally taking the time to listen. My children’s church lesson from Sunday, was about Elijah when he was hiding from King Ahab and Queen Jezebel in the cave. At one point, a strong wind came and knocked some rocks off the mountain, but God wasn’t in the wind. Then there was an earthquake, but God wasn’t in the earthquake. Then a fire appeared, but God wasn’t in the fire either. Next was a gentle whisper and it was God speaking to Elijah. That made me think… usually when I’m struggling with something in my own life, that’s when I’m famous for reaching or calling out to God, desperate to hear His voice, whether it’s for comfort, peace or guidance. However, like my lesson showed, I shouldn’t be waiting for “drama” in my life just to hear God’s voice…especially b/c it’s usually self-induced drama. He’d much rather just whisper. Like a father would to his child, snuggled up on his lap.
The coolest thing about hearing His voice lately, is the fact that it hasn’t been due to a personal struggle... it's been casual chats, between old friends... and I know it's because I've actually been still long enough to hear Him!!! He's been gently nudging me about things, teaching me from my mistakes, giving me wisdom in certain areas and renewing my love for Him... and it has been awesome!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment