So I'm sitting at the light by my house, on my way to work the other day when I look over at the bus stop. They had put a new poster up and at first glance, I thought "wow... that looks a lot like Picken Hall". But didn't think much of it... because what are the chances that FHSU, my small university in western KS would actually be on a poster... at a bus stop... in Portland, OR. But as I moved up a bit, and saw an elderly lady in a graduation robe... I remembered how FHSU was acknowledged last year by having the oldest graduate in the country and the lady was on the Tonight Show and everything. Sure enough... the poster had Nola Ochs name, her graduation year, and the phrase "Oldest college grad" listed underneath it. SHUT UP!! It WAS my school and it WAS Picken Hall in the background!!!! How flippin' crazy is that!?!
GO FHSU!!!!!I'm sorry it's so hard to see... but unfortunately, I was a slacker and waited too long to take a real pic. And of course, they took the poster down exactly 1 day before I brought my camera along with me to work. Go figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment