Sunday, February 08, 2009

Logan Wedding


Chris's friends Adam & Rose got married on Saturday, Feb. 7th, so I headed up to PA for the wedding. It was my first regular length weekend with no extra days, so I was worried it was going to be really short... but we packed so much in, it wasn't bad at all. It still sucked when I had to leave... but that will never change.

I got up there Friday night, just after the rehearsal dinner got over and we all went to Peak's to hang out with his group of friends. His friend Eric brought his girlfriend Kydee, so it was nice having another girl around, not to mention someone else that was "new" to the group!

Saturday morning, we got up early and went on a run along the Discovery Trail. We ran almost the whole 6.25 miles to Four Seasons Ranch, then walked most of the way back... with occasional runs to keep us warm! Gracie was such a trooper!! She would lag behind a little bit, but kept up with us really well!! After grabbing some lunch, we got showered and then went up to Hurricane Ridge with Eric & Kydee and wandered around a bit. By the time we made it back down the mountain it was time to get ready for the wedding. Stacy and I hung out during the ceremony, because Tim and Chris were off doing their "wedding duties" the whole time. It was nice to hang out with just Stacy and have the chance to get to know each other a little better! The wedding was beautiful, but my favorite part was the end when Chris played his guitar and sang the song from "Juno" with another gal. They sounded so good, and it's a funny song... I couldn't stop smiling! I was so proud! :-) After the ceremony, we headed to the reception. Chris claims he's not much of a dancer, so we chilled at the table for awhile, but at one point he took off and I saw Micah (one of the kid's in the youth group) dancing in his chair, so I went over and got him and his mom and Mo out on the dance floor... and then I just never left! Chris was cracking me up... he kept messing around with a few of the kids there, and the kids would challenge him to a dance-off as punishment... it was hilarious!! He's so good with kids... it melts my heart! The whole night was fun, but it was definitely a LONG night... to what was already a long day! The dance got over around midnight and we went to one of his friend's house to hang out. It was a little difficult to get up for Sunday school the next morning, but I made it!! LOL!

Sunday was a lazy day after all the running, hiking, and dancing from Saturday! We went out to lunch with some friends after church, then headed back to the house and watched a couple of movies and I think we both got a little nap in, too! His Young Life meeting got cancelled, which meant I had more time to stall. I didn't leave until almost 8pm.... which put me back into Portland around midnight. That sucked. It was tough getting up in the morning for work, but it was bearable because the countdown was back on... it would only be 5 more days before I saw him again!!

1 comment:

liliuokalani said...

kansas im LUVIN the posts, the pics, all of it!!