Monday, September 26, 2005

GO CHIEFS!!!

Please Lord, help Tony and Larry to do well! I need the fantasy points!!!

So another weekend down... and once again, it was a good one!! Friday night I hung out with Alex for awhile after work. We went to our usual dinner spot... McDonalds!! For those of you who knew me in college... I actually branched out and got a chicken sandwich and ice tea!!! Not the extra value meal #2 with a Dr. Pepper. Write it down! Anyway, we headed to the new housing development and stopped at some of the new parks. It was a lot of fun... her brother didn't come along this time, so it was just me and her, and we didn't watch a movie, so we actually got to talk which was great!! We ran into Liban, who was in Literacy Club 2 yrs. ago (the year Alex moved to Mississippi) and he said he had a football game on Saturday so Lily and I headed back to the park on Saturday afternoon to watch him play. However, I managed to grab the wrong key and locked us out of our house... no keys, no phone, no money... it was fabulous. Praise God, though, b/c He hooked us up with a beautiful day so we walked to Univ. of Portland and laid in the grass for awhile and then to our landlords house so we could get back into the house. It turned out to be a really nice afternoon!! Then we headed to Andee's soccer game and then PSU's football game. Fun times! I met a PSU football player on Thursday night at our Literacy Club orientation. He's not sure if he'll be able to mentor b/c of his schedule, but he was going to talk to some of the guys and I hope it works out to have them in the program. The kids need to see some strong christian male influence. We'll see how God works it all out. Anyway, after the game we met up with our friend Stacey for some dancing. She met a boy and wanted our support. Come to find out later, I think she really just wanted us to be able to ID him if she came up missing. Hehe... just kidding. I'm sure he's a nice guy!

Sunday was my first real ZOO CREW class at church. No 3 yr. olds mixed in. I'm so happy with my class, they are SO smart and for the most part, well-behaved!! I'm suppose to be there every other month, but I don't know if I'll be able to stay away!! They're awesome!! So... I'll probably end up back in class next month, unless the Chiefs are actually on TV, that is!!

Speaking of... GO flippin' CHIEFS!!! I'm so excited for tonight's game!! I even took the night off from babysitting so I could fully enjoy Monday Night Football!!! Now only if I had friends that enjoyed it as much as I do... sigh. Oh well, I'm guessing there will be several calls back and forth with my folks to gripe or cheer or just scream in excitement! I can't wait to go home in October and watch the game with my family on the big screen!!! It's the little things in life that make me happy!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, but true: I watched this game with Christian Okoye. His commentary during the game? "Man, the Chiefs are really sucking." Funny. Somewhat surreal, even!