Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Labor Day


My friend Ana, her daughter Jayden and I headed north to her family's cabin on Lake Sutherland up in the NW corner of Washington for Labor Day weekend. It's about 15 miles from Port Angeles where Ana grew up and where her parents still live. We arrived Friday evening and stopped by her parents house to say a quick hello, picked up some groceries and headed to the cabin where her brothers and a bonfire were waiting for us! The weekend was pretty chilly, we were curled up in front of the fire with sweatshirts and jeans most of the weekend, but it was a nice change from the hot summer weather and got me in the mood for fall!! We headed out on the boat several times to watch her brothers wakeboard and we even braved a few trips out on the jet ski!! Other than that, we had bonfires (and s'mores) down at the water every night, played lots of cards and dominoes and ate tons of good food!! It was a great end to the summer...

So, now it's official... the crazyness of fall is about to hit me at full force!! Lord, help me!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Stace!!! Very cool! I have to admit I haven't joined the world of blogging! :) Very neat though! You might have to teach me! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

BABE! Love your site - you gotta put more pics on there for me!! When are you coming to Boston??
xoxo stace

Anonymous said...

Of course I will bookmark you!!! I love catching up on what is new in your life and someday I will have to do this also!! Megan Ryan

SUPER said...

Sounds like a good time! I love me some SMORES! Yummy!

Friar Tuck said...

Sounds like you had fun! I used to live in the Northwest and miss it terribly.

Kansas said...

Yo DJDB... where in the NW did you live? Back in the day, I was a frequent visitor of the Springs! My family has a shack... I mean cabin out in Crystola, b/w Green Mtn. Falls and Woodland!! Small world, eh?!