Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Let the updating begin...

I flippin' LOVE summertime!! I'm busier than heck but love every minute of it!! The madness started in June with the Rose Festival, which also meant my groupie season began! Funny how it takes on a whole new meaning when you're 28. Back in the day it was the FHSU football & basketball teams, or the Larks baseball team, or even my friends rock band Pillar. Now it's a paddling team called Zamboanga, consisting of "kids" ages 19-60ish from all walks of life. Lily, my roomie, has been paddling with Zambo for 3 yrs. now, so I've become a regular in their tent, eating their food and cheering them on with all my might for the entire 2 minutes they're on the water for each race!! It's actually pretty exciting, especially when they're up against Kai i'Kaika, which is the equivalent to Kearney for all you FHSU fans!!

June also brought the beloved parents out to the Pacific NW. It has been 4 yrs. since they've visited their daughter, so apparently the whining worked! We visited the coast and toured the sights of Portland... Dad got to see lots of boats and mom got to see lots of "real" malls!! (yes, I AM claiming that "The Mall" in Hays, America does NOT count as a real mall) We visited the Bonneville Dam along the Columbia River, so dad got to see the fish ladders which entertained him for quite some time! We also went on a boat cruise, which meant dad was up talking to the captain the majority of the time and mom and I were left at the back of the boat to munch on chocolate and enjoy the scenery! There's so much to tell, but alas, I must move on...

One day after my folks left, our house was again full of family! This time with the Taliulu's!! Lily's mom, dad, uncle, 2 nieces and a nephew made the long journey out from Salt Lake City to fix her car and my lawn mower (to our neighbors relief) and the children provided much entertainment. Once again... fun times!! And this was just the beginning...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I havn't got a comment, I am just trying to find my family which is the Taliulu family. I hope you can pass on this message to my cousins and uncle Faatui & aunty Doreen that we are all fine and well in Brisbane Australia. Plse check out my website for a business opportunity. www.ganoxlelite.com/faye

Kansas said...

Lily is actually my roommate! I've passed your message on to her! The world is smaller than I realized, just curious... how did you run across my website?