Tuesday, September 13, 2005

A little weak... but highlights nonetheless

Wow... weekends aren't what they used to be! I remember the good 'ole days of college football, dancing the night away @ the Home, feeding FHSU lineman after hours @ the sorority house (and struggling to keep them from moving beyond the kitchen), laying out on "pebble beach", snoballs, etc. And then there was age 28. Here are the highlights from my past weekend...

* After 2 hrs. of working out at the gym, the HOT light was on at Krispy Kremes!!! Oh yeah, I'll take 1 dozen, thank you very much!!!

* My roommate, who NEVER gets emotional, actually shed a tear!! Granted, there was only 1 and it was accompanied by laughter... it was a tear, nonetheless. It's down in the record book!!

* My nephew Ethan spoke to me on the phone for the first time!!! Ok, all together now... "Aaahhh..." Most of you know that I work at Dr. Martens and I bought him his first pair of Doc sandals for Christmas back when he was 6 mos. and now that he is 2, he can FINALLY fit into them!! He wore them to church on Sunday for the first time and walked around saying "Cece's (that's me) shoes" all afternoon!! So when my sister Steph put him on the phone, I asked him if he liked his shoes, he said "YES" and when I asked if he wanted me to bring him some more shoes home, he said "NO". Hey... the point is he TALKED TO ME!!! It made my day!!!!

*And last, but not least... the Chiefs actually showed up for their season opener!!! YEAH!!!!! Yes, I realize preseason isn't the best way to judge the upcoming season b/c they're checking the new guys out, trying to make cuts, blah, blah, blah... but dang... is winning 1 game too much to ask!?! So I'm feeling much better... and big thanks to Mr. Larry Johnson for kicking butt and helping me win my first fantasy game!! Now be nice to your girlfriend. Anyways, GO CHIEFS!!! I can't wait for this weekend's game... not only is it a great rivalry in the AFC... it's proven to be a great rivalry at work! My boss is a huge Raider's fan!!! We'll see who's posting game stats on who's computer Monday morning!!! :-)

2 comments:

Amiyah's Mom said...

Great stuff Stacie! IT's great to be a blooger as well. Amiyahs mom

SUPER said...

Hilarious! Januea and I were just reminiscing about pebble beach the other day..and how we wonder if we could even fit through that itty bitty window anymore! ha.