Saturday, May 20, 2006

Pillar & P.O.D.

SO... the concert was supposed to be on Saturday, 5/20 @ 7pm. However, one of the buses broke down so they rescheduled it for Monday, which worked perfectly because Violet couldn't make it on Saturday, but was able to go with me on Monday!! I didn't want to see the first 2 bands because they were too heavy metal for me, so we ran some errands, grabbed some food and headed to the venue around 8pm... just as Pillar was leaving the stage!! WHAT THE HECK!!!! Come to find out, they started the show at 5:45pm. Who does that!?!? I was so pissed. Luckily, P.O.D. is one of my new favorites so I was still excited to see them, but completely bummed about missing Pillar. I can't make it to Creation Fest this summer, so this was my only chance to hear them this year. Suck.


During P.O.D.'s set, I spotted Rob on the side of the stage, so we made our way over and got his attention and got to chat for a bit until he had to go back on stage for the last song. We hung out after the concert with the fellas, and Rob introduced us to some of the P.O.D. guys, which I was stoked about!! We got to meet Wuv (drummer), Traa (bass) and Matisyahu (special guest on tour). I was pretty excited!!

Since the concert got over so early and they didn't have to get back on the road until 1:30am, we went kareoking! (not sure how to spell it, but you know what I'm trying to say!) Lily and I took them a couple years ago and we had a blast, so I couldn't wait to see what would unfold this time! There were a few more people in there this time, but our group dominated the stage, of course!! Last time, Rob forced Lily and I to sing, but this time Violet and I got lucky... thank goodness!! By the time Rob noticed we hadn't been on stage yet, it was time to go!! Ah nuts!! :-)


It was fun seeing and catching up with the guys again!! It's not very often that folks from home make it out to the Pacific NW, so it's always nice to have friends out in my neck of the woods... even if it's only for a few hours!! OOhh... and check it out... all four of the guys' wives are expecting!! Fun times for the Pillar crew!!! And even though I didn't get to see them perform at the Roseland, the after-hours concert was just as entertaining, I'm sure!! :-)

No comments: