Sunday, May 28, 2006

SLC - DAY 3

Sunday morning was church! Lily found a new one that she wanted to try so we headed of to Southeast Baptist, or something like that. It was very contemporary. I knew a couple of the songs, thanks to Crossroads church out here in Vancouver, WA. The pastor was in the middle of a series called Men, Women, Boys & Girls... and "Boys will be Boys" was the topic for Sunday. He was pretty good, but I think I'm just spoiled with Pastor Martin and Mt. Olivet... and it's hard for other churches to compare! BUT... all 3 of us were impressed with being greeted in the parking lot with an umbrella to cover us from the rain!! Well, I was pleased... I was under the umbrella. The 2 fools... that's right, I said fools... behind me weren't walking fast enough to get under it. End of story. But as you can probably guess, the story differs according to the story-teller.

After church we hunted down a Starbucks, which is NOT that easy in SLC. They're definitely not on every corner like here in the NW! We ended up in the Nordstrom Rack where I scored BIG time with 2 prs. of 7 jeans!! *cha-ching* I've been saving my gift card from Christmas and it came in super-handy, let me tell ya!! After that we headed back to the house to watch Lily cook, we chowed down on some stir fry and headed to Wally World to pick up a volleyball and then to the park to test our skills! Conclusion: we have no skills, but we'll blame it on the cold and that ball was too dang hard!

Who are these people?

Kamia, Malachi & Me

Super Star Alexie

Kamia & I

Sione

Me, Andee & Lil

Andee & Lil

Lil & Eli

Eli & Alexie

Kamia

Alexie & I

Malachi

Malachi, Sione & Eli

Lil & I

We chilled back at the house for awhile and then headed to Carol & Vita's around 10pm for some banana splits and a movie. Cat & I tried to hit Sonic one more time, but they closed early. Nuts. Oh well, A&W was just as tasty! Thanks Cat!!!!

Joshua

Havea & Cat

Sarah & Leilani

Havea

Lil & Joshua

Movie time!

Me & Kamia

On our way home after the movie, we got news that Dad was in pain and needed to go to the hospital. Ben had already picked them up by the time we got there, so Lani, Lil, Alexie, Kamia, Andee and I stayed at the house while Cat and Carol headed to the hospital. The Bible says where 2 or more or gathered, He is there... so Lily called us together and we prayed for awhile and fell asleep together in the living room. Well, that is until Lily started grinding her teeth... dang her. Come to find out, Dad has an infection where his dialysis is hooked up but from the inside, so they're keeping him until Thursday. So for all you praying folks... lift him up, please! Lani graduates on Friday, so he needs to make it home for that!!!!

3 comments:

liliuokalani said...

Kansas~ dangit you're so good at updating this thang!! Just an update, dad is doing better and should be out Thu nite or Fri day~~ I luvd having you and Andee with me to pray about it, cause sometimes life is happening and I forget how much God cares and wants to hear from me and what's on my heart~ cause God is faithful!
I absolutely luv u two!!!

Kansas said...

God IS good!! Hallelu-yer!!! Thanks for the Daddy update!!

SUPER said...

So loving your green adidas pants and those blue star shades. Think I need both.