I headed to the rec on Friday to catch one of Ronnie's games. Ronnie is Pastor Bronski's grandson, and he was in my Zoo Crew class at church and he's also been in our Literacy Club program for 3-4 yrs. SO... anyway, I went to the rec after work and as I was waiting in the gym, trying to make sure I was in the right place. I look up just in time to see 2 boys running towards me, full speed ahead and I'm soon attacked with hugs! It was Gabe, one of my kindergarteners from church and his brother Isaiah!! They were there to watch their older brother, who happened to be on Ronnie's team! So I went down and sat next to them for the game, and pretty soon Ronnie's dad and lil' sister, Kiara, came in and sat with us.
During the game, I see another Literacy Club graduate, Liban, walk in and his team was playing next! When they were warming up, he ran by and asked if I was staying for his game... "Of course!!" Like there was any other option!?! Liban's quite the baller!! Anyway, what I thought was going to be a 45 minute game ended up being a 3 hr. adventure at the Rec... and could be my new home on Friday nights!! I absolutely love it!!









No comments:
Post a Comment