Sunday, March 11, 2007

ShamRockStars '07!!


We didn't stay out TOO late on Saturday, because most of us were planning on being up at the crack of dawn to run (or cheer on) the Shamrock Run!! And daylight savings was NOT working in our favor!! Sara, Matt, Malinda and I all planned on running the 5k (3.2 mi) which started at 7:45... so the plan was to meet at 7:15 at the DM parking lot. That was the plan.

We all made it, including Andee and Kate (our cheerleaders/keeper of all keys, id's, money, etc/picture takers)... everyone except Sara and Matt, that is. They were running a little late... well, Matt was running a little bit late!! So we headed down to the waterfront without them and took a few pre-race pics and got in line. Stretching, anyone? Nah... its' the 5K shuffle... maybe even skip... who needs to stretch!!

Holy It's Flippin' Early, Batman!!

Who is this person?

Masina & Lily were "supposed" to run the 15K. That was the plan. But on the drive out, with Masina feeling under the weather, they decided the 8K would probably be a better option. So that was the plan. But as us 5K-ers were getting ready for our start... they decided they didn't want to wait another hour to start their race, so they joined us on the 5K!! They're going to have excellent 15K times... let me tell ya!! :-) Sara and Matt hadn't made it yet... and we were off. But considering there were 20,000 or so running... it took quite awhile to actually make it up to the starting point. We had run a few meters past the start line and we saw Matt & Sara running in the opposite direction, so we got their attention and had the jump over and join us!! Beautiful timing!! Anyway... we all stayed together for the first half... but then split off towards the end. Malinda and I came across first... around 31:54 min... then everyone else staggered in. I was SO excited b/c I made it thru without stopping... and survived the little "hill" up Broadway which I didn't handle so well last time!! This time I was in it for the fun... and not worried about my time, so I had a slower pace... was busy chattin' it up with everyone around me... and not swerving in and out of people trying to get to the finish line as fast as I possibly could!! It was SO much fun!!! Kate and Andee met us at the finish line with their Starbucks and took a few more post-race pics and we headed to the garden for our free clam chowder and beer!! Yes... beer at 8:30... I think I had 2 sips and replaced it with Mt. Dew... I know, much better!

If only I had a dollar for every time I heard... "I'm so glad I'm not running!"

The finish line is a beautiful thing... me, Malinda, Lil & Masina

ShamRock Stars 2007!!

Glad I wasn't worried about what I looked like... dang.
Hawaii and a tan can't come soon enough!!


Beer me!

Oh... you said NOT to put it upside down! My bad.
hehe... Sara got a little revenge for Matt making them late!! :-)

So Shamrock 2007 was a success!! And I'm thinkin' Cinco De Mayo will be my next one. Maybe Bridge to Bridge... who knows! After chillin' downtown for a bit, we headed home and I showered so I could make it to children's church to teach, while they slept and chilled at home. The Lord was lookin' out for me, b/c I only had 11 kids and class went really well!! And we got out super early, so I was able to get home quicker!! Woo hoo!! We spent the afternoon shopping... first at the Dr. Martens warehouse sale, then off to Adidas to rock the employee discount... it was a good day!! We ended it with some soccer, pizza and a horrible movie... but chillin' on the couch felt good!!! Especially with good friends, yummy pizza... and "Blockbuster outfits"!!!

No comments: