10/5/07 - Only 6 more years until she's 40... and for the next 6 yrs. I will be by her side reminding her of that fact!! LOL!! Her actual bday was on the 3rd, and we all got together that evening after work and had a family dinner at Applebee's. Yeah, I know... fancy!!! But that's all we've got in western KS, so we felt like we were at home!! :-) Steph joined us that evening, as well as Vi's friend Katherine and her girls (her daughter Emma is one of Mia's best friends... they were born a couple weeks apart). But then on Friday, the kids went to Gma's house and it was time for the adults to play!!
We chilled at the Horse Brass all night long and the evening was entertaining to say the least!! There was a purple cake in the form of... something, heated discussions regarding the floating plastic above us (whether it was the original Star Trek spaceship or the Next Generation's), numerous voicemails left for MC Hammer, interrogations of a young man that was told he was my future husband, and it wouldn't be a Violet party without dancing on the table... and of course, shortly thereafter, the yelling of a bartender for her to get down!!! The night ended late... and the next morning started early, b/c I was up taking eggs and bread over to the Craft household, so Justin could make us all breakfast!! Josh and Maria stayed the night with Vi & J, so they were there as well, and then I went with them to IKEA after breakfast so I could buy my new dresser and use Josh's truck and muscles to get it home!!! I can't speak for Violet, but I had a GREAT time on her bday weekend!! LOL!!!
Maria, Josh, Jen, Violet & Kelly
Violet & Noland
That's right... doin' the "Stacie"
Violet & Stevie (friend from Dodge City!)
The boys passing around MC Hammer's phone number... poor Hammer!
Maria givin' Hammer a call!
Maria, Josh, Violet & Ian (Josh is another friend from Dodge!)
Maria & Josh
Maria, Josh, Violet & Ian (again!)
Kelly & I
Ian & Kelly
Mr. Craft
Bill, Noland & Justin
Violet & Justin
Noland & Violet
Josh & I
Mr. Josh
Chris
Maria
Oh no... surely he's not... oh, but yes, he did. I'll spare you the graphic images!!
Violet, Kelly & I
Violet & Kelly... do you see the direction the evening is going?
Oh boy...
Ian
Justin
Hmmm... getting feisty...
... and annoyed or angry, not sure...
Justin and The Kyle
Dance Party USA on the table... right before they got yelled at.Yep... another successful bday party!! :-)

No comments:
Post a Comment