Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bridge to Bridge to Brews


I did it!! After a few years of tackling 5K's (3.1 mi), I finally attempted my first 8K (4.97 mi)!! Woo hoo!! And I'm pumped about it... I came in at 46:13, which is about a 9:18 pace. Here's how I ranked... in my age division, 14/89... for women, 67/422... and overall, 182/681. I was very pleased!

My goal is to collect as many race t-shirts as possible this year... and so far, so good! I've racked up 3 so far in only 5 weeks... not bad!! And I've got 2 more 5K's in May and a few more things in the works for this summer... including a mini-triathlon (which should be interesting since I can't really swim and I don't own a bike!) and then a marathon relay in August and then my sights are on a 10K in September!!! I've been wanting to do that one for a couple years now... and this is the year!!!

My running buddies... Me, Matt, Sara & Malinda

3 comments:

Jeff and Michelle said...

Wow - you are totally awesome! You're helping me be inspired to exercise more. :)

Jackie said...

yes, exercise more maybe...but i don't think i'll ever aspire to run long distances. you rock though for doing it (and enjoying it)!

April said...

You are a maniac! GREAT job!! I wish I had the endurance to do runs, but I am considering it an accompishment that I am able to do aerobics 3 times a week. Baby steps I guess. :o) You rock girl!!!