Monday, September 01, 2008

Labor Day weekend


On Saturday, Sherri, Ana, her girls and I all packed up the car and headed off to Kahneeta for what we hoped was one last day of soaking up the summer sun. The weather was crappy in Portland, so we figured the grass would be greener on the other side of Mt. Hood in the high desert of central Oregon. Unfortunately, not so much. It was sunny and beautiful... but it was as windy as a Kansas day. But not the dry, hot wind I'm used to... this wind was freezing!!! Which didn't really work too well, when you're chillin' poolside in your bikini!! LOL!!! But regardless of the un-cooperating weather, it was nice to get out of Ptown, and it was a gorgeous drive thru the mountains and then in the canyon. We didn't exactly get our money's worth on the waterslides... but we gained another adventure, great times with friends and a few good pics!!


The words "hoodies" and "August" shouldn't even be used in the same sentence!!!

As for the rest of my 3 day weekend... it was rather uneventful. Sunday I went to church and then plopped myself on the couch with a couple of movies and 2 of my closest friends as of late... Ben & Jerry. (Ice cream, that is!) Monday was my "productive" day. I made a list and crossed off everything except "clean house". Go figure! I figure, Lily doesn't come in until Thursday, and I'd just get it dirty again anyway... so I might as well wait 'til Wednesday night after I babysit the girls and watch the 2 hr. season premiere of Bones!! LOL!! But I did kill 2 birds with 1 stone and ran to McDonalds to return my movies, which is probably a 3 mi. round trip. And I bought Alex a Bible!!! All the Literacy Club graduates get a Bible when the complete the program, but since she didn't get to finish, she never got a Bible! It's been on my heart for awhile now, so we had plans for dinner that night and she starts high school this week, so the timing was perfect!! Not sure if she'll pick it up and read it... but atleast she'll have it when she needs it!!! :-)

No comments: