I know miracles happen every day... but so many times, we're unaware of it. It makes you wonder how often God steps in and takes care of things before we even have to deal with it. I wonder how many times God has intervened and saved us from close calls, as we sit here oblivious. To me, that's such a testament of His genuine love for us... He could allow certain things to happen, and then receive glory from bringing us through it... but sometimes He chooses to stay behind the scenes and let His provision go unnoticed. It's not about Him... it's about His love for us.
Anyway, last night I was made aware of a miracle... and I'm still trippin' over it a bit. Like I said before, I'm sure I've experienced many miracles in my life, but just haven't called it a "miracle". But as you all might recall, my dad had a cancer scare a couple of weeks ago. The first lab that did the biopsy found something called a merkel (?) cell, which is a level under the dangerous melanoma. This particular cancel cell can infect other organs if not caught. So my mom and dad drove to KC and met with a specialist, but he didn't find this merkel cell at all. He thought it was probably mis-diagnosed and asked for the first sample to be sent up to him so he could double-check it. Well, I went back to my cell group on Sunday and shared the praise report that they didn't find anything and they thought it was mis-diagnosed. And they immediately said, NO... God healed him. It was there for the first doctors to see... but God healed him. I smiled and said yeah... but in all honesty, I don't know if I really believed that. I believe God can and does heal... and I knew God was in control the whole time and had taken care of my dad and answered my prayer... but I was really leaning more on the side of a mis-diagnosis.
Well, last night I chatted with my dad and he told me the doctor in KC confirmed that there WAS the nasty merkel cell in the first sample and it WAS correctly diagnosed the first time. But by the time my dad got to the specialist, God had already healed my dad. A miracle took place.
I'm speechless. I worship an amazing God!!! I think back to all these stories in the Bible... when He parted the Red Sea for the Israelites, and healed a woman just by her touching the cloak of Jesus... these are NOT just stories!!! And He's still performing miracles today!!! It's CRAZY and awesome all at the same time!!!!
I stand in awe... Thank you LORD!!!
1 comment:
wow.
Post a Comment