Monday, December 01, 2008

My God Box

So much has been rolling around in my head lately, but I haven't had the time to just sit down and work it all out!!! I guess I've been a little pre-occupied, but I'll get to that later! :-) It all started with my dad's cancer scare last month... and being able to witness God's miraculous healing hand in it's full glory! After hearing that it was truly a miracle, I started thinking about how I prayed that God would heal him, but didn't pray expecting a miracle. I knew God could answer my prayers, but assumed the specialist would just get it all at the 2nd appt... I never expected God would "get it" before Dad even got to the specialist.

So that got me thinking about how many times I've sold myself short... by selling God short. I know I have faith... and it only takes faith the size of a mustard seed to move mountains... but I wonder how much more God wants to bless me, or work in my life... but I'm just not asking for it. At times, I don't think I'm exercising my faith to the fullest. I step out in faith... but only as far as what's comfortable. Or maybe it's more of me just stepping out with what I can see, or imagine is possible... instead of thinking about what God sees, and the fact that nothing is impossible for Him. I think I've got a God box... and I need to stop putting Him in it.

Sad thing is, I've always had this box. I can think back to past relationships... ya know, the ones that God was NOT smiling about... the ones I forced to attempt to fill some void in my life. And every time I got into one of those relationships, I put God in His box, and stuffed Him in the back of my closet. I didn't want to hear what He had to say about it, although looking back, the Holy Spirit never left me alone.

So yeah, I definitely have a God box. And it's time I hand it over to Him. I don't want it anymore. I'll let Him use it as a foot rest. He can prop His feet up on it, sit back and throw His hands behind his head... relaxing b/c He knows He's already taken care of everything and I've finally stopped trying to squish Him into some stupid box! :-)

No comments: