He was swimming close to the shore.
After our canoe adventure, we headed back to town to pick up my car and then headed to the Tim & Stacy's for our first session of marriage counseling with Tim. It was AWESOME!! We ended up chatting for almost 2 hrs!! We had great discussion, and he gave us some stuff to think and talk about, including some homework for next time, but he said he didn't see any red flags... woo hoo!!! After our session, we went up and joined Stacy & Jon K. for some quesadillas and then Chris and I headed across the street to meet up with the Young Life crew.
They had already started a game of Ultimate Frisbee, but when Chris and I walked up, Chris shouted out my introduction and the kids literally swarmed me!! It was pretty funny!! They all surrounded me and introduced themselves one by one... it was sweet! After we got our fill of Ultimate Frisbee, we headed back to Michelle's (YL leader) for smores around the campfire, a little hot tub action and then a movie. It was great to finally meet Chris's "other" kids!! I'm already connected to the youth group, but this was my first time around the Young Life bunch! It was good times!!!
So as you can see, Friday was pretty busy, and Saturday wasn't much better. Chris and I were up early, grabbed some McDonalds for the road and headed around the canal and up to Seattle for the day! We met up with Chris's friends Jon & Lauren for a picnic lunch, then headed over to Green Lake to meet Casey (our photographer) to chat about wedding details, then headed north to Lake Stevens to meet lil' Miss Tierra!!! Chris's niece, Jackie, had a baby a couple of weeks ago, so we went up to meet her and see how everyone was doing! The whole day was fabulous! I was hoping to meet up with my friend Jen, too, but with the Hood Canal Bridge being closed, and the ferries being sold out, our travel time doubled and we just didn't have time to squeeze everything in. Next time tho!! So anyway... God blessed us with a gorgeous day, a great time with friends and family and a great meeting with Casey!!! The 5 hr. drive back around the canal was a little rough, but we survived! :-)
Sunday, we went out to eat with Jack, Barbara & Jon to celebrate Mother's Day! We went to the Crabhouse, which has a beautiful view of the water!! It was a wonderful time!! I really look forward to and enjoy our Sunday dinners with his... my... family!!! Especially since I can't be around my family on a daily basis. After lunch, Chris and I crashed... HARD! After 2 days full of activity, we got home, put in a movie and I woke up 3 hrs. later. I totally missed the movie. We got up and made some dinner, and then stopped by his folks to switch trucks and I enjoyed some rhubarb & ice cream... it was so yummy, i LOVE rhubarb & ice cream!!!!!!!!! After that, we headed back to his house and put in a couple more movies. I made it all the way thru Twilight (yes, I FINALLY watched it) but Chris didn't make it past the first 5 minutes. We attempted to watch another one, but it was pointless.... we were both goner's. But hey, that's what Sunday's are for, right... REST!!! :-) Luckily, Chris got a text from Tim which woke us up, so I headed back to Tim & Stacy's to crash for the night and get some rest for the drive home the next morning.
Jon, Barbara, Jack & Chris
I took Monday morning off from work, so I could drive home during the daylight.... and I'm SO thankful that I did. Leaving Chris is hard enough as it is, so I always stall and then it's super late when I'm driving home. And that just sucks. I was still tired driving on Monday morning... even with a coffee, 1/2 a Coke and 32 oz. of Mt. Dew... but atleast it was sunny!! :-) And it is a gorgeous drive, even when you are driving it for the 4th time in 4 days!!
I've got 1 weekend here in Ptown, in which I'm working some overtime on Saturday at the warehouse sale... but then it's back to PA for Memorial Day weekend. It's Camp David Jr. time!!!! It was last year at camp that I saw Chris for the first time in about 3 yrs. My heart pounded a little faster whenever he was around... and now look at us!!! My how things can change in just a year!!! This time I'll know everyone and be familiar with how things work... I can't wait to spend the weekend out there WITH him as a couple!!! :-)
3 comments:
i totally hear you talking when i read! ah the way God has moved in just a year ;)
I also LOVE rhubarb and ice cream! It's the best. And your pics of the Pacific NW leave me a bit "homesick." Even though I've lived in Kansas for nearly 15 years. . . I'll always call Oregon "home."
I am also not cool with that part of the circle of life.
Post a Comment