Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Camp David Jr. '09

Last year, I was just a visitor... this year I came back engaged to the director!! :-) LOVE IT!! It was so much fun going back to Camp David this year!! With 1 year under my belt, I knew what to expect, and I felt so at home this time around. Over the last 6 mos. I've had the chance to build some great relationships the kids in youth group as well as others in the church family, so it made this year much easier!! Plus, it was fun being able to share the experience WITH Chris this time, and like last year, I really enjoyed my time with Ana and her family!!! Alexis was mobile this year, so it was a whole new experience from last year!!! And Jayden didn't have a friend with her this year, so we were able to hang out a lot more, it was GREAT!! :-)

I drove up from Portland Friday morning, so I got to PA just in time to bring Chris lunch and help with some last minute details! We headed out to camp around 3pm and got ready for people to arrive! Friday was a pretty low-key night, with a few games of UNO and Speed with Jayden, then a jam session with our worship leaders! It wasn't a planned event, but it was probably my highlight... I LOVE sitting around and singing praise songs with friends, especially when the acoustic guitars are out!! It was wonderful!!!!

My buddy Clyde!


Saturday morning after breakfast we wandered down to the beach while we waited for the boys to get the boat ready! We took the boat out for a nice ride, a little chilly... but very relaxing & beautiful!!! The day pretty much consisted of chillin' on the beach, a little badminton on the lawn, some volleyball action, some brave souls went tubing, and then we had a great bonfire w/ singing after dinner, and of course, the Spoons championship!!

Paul & Ana

Lexi LOVES her life vest, can't ya tell?!

Adam & Rose taking a leisurely ride around the lake...
and then there was Chris trying to swamp 'em!


Chris introduced a FROLF course this year!

Tim & Stacy brought Hillbilly Golf... I was SO excited!!!

She's even adorable when she's scowling!! LOL!!

She LOVES her belly!!
And apparently wants everyone else to enjoy it too!!


Pastor Tim & Stacy
These are the great folks that let me crash at their house each time I come visit!!

Paul was getting serenaded by Jon & Chris!! How sweet!!

The largest game of Spoons that I've ever seen!

Jayden (4th) and Alex (3rd) made it pretty far!!

Cribbage... another camp favorite!

Alex & I were struck up a great friendship last year when we were in the same small group.
I'm excited to get more involved with these kids in the fall!!!


Sunday morning, we broke into small groups for devotions after breakfast and then had our church service!! After lunch, everyone headed down to the beach for some fun in the canoes!! The Cummings family pretty much made a clean sweep!!! Chris & Paul won 1st for the regular "front" canoe race & Jon & Jayden came in 2nd!! Then Jon & Mark won 1st in the Excursion Race and my Chris & Scott took 2nd!!! For the Excursion race, you have to go clear to the other side of the lake, get a piece of foliage and come back!!! It's a crazy race!!! I'm not sure Chris was happy with 2nd, but they made an impressive dart for the finish at the end to make it a super close race!! Then Sunday evening was TALENT SHOW time!! This year was great!! They ended it with a Newlywed game that had everyone rolling!! Chris & I were the only non-married couple, but I think we did pretty darn good!!! It was amazing how perfectly some of these couple answered their spouse's questions... it was hilarious!! And then, of course, there was a twist at the end... and the boys had to feel our feet and guess their spouse!!! Did I mention how hilarious this was??? Hehe!!! Good times!!!

Lexi flirting with Damon...

... and now Sam! Uh oh, she moved on to an older man!!
I prefer the younger ones myself!! :-)


Helping before service

Such a hard face to resist!

Canoe Tug-of-war!!

The guys... Chris, Paul & Jon

The graceful way to put on sun tan lotion!

That's my man!! :-)

Mo & Chris

Kayle, Alex & Sierra

More belly!

Paul was our rescue boat for the Excursion race!

Chris & Scott closing in on Jon & Mark

Such a close finish!

Adam... working on his tan!!

Celebrating victory!

Mark :-)

Darn wind.

Apparently, they can only be normal for so long...

I'm a dork. I just had to get the "peace shot" 1 more time for old times sake.
Chris loves it, oh so much!! Haha!!

I love this girl!!

Annie graced us with a dance during Flo's song!! Hehe!!

The boys always do the messiest skits!! :-)
But they always get a laugh!!


And here goes the Newlywed game!!

Adam had the BEST facial expressions... absolutely hilarious!!

Can't remember what the question was...
but apparently he got it right!! LOL!!

Jon was our fabulous host!

And it's "FEET" time!!

On the last one, Adam jumped in for Clair's spot!! Again... hilarious!!!

So Camp David Jr. 2009 was another success!!! Granted, I've only experienced 2... but I'm very excited to carry on this tradition for many years to come!! Monday morning, is camp clean-up and it went pretty quick! We were out of there by 10:30am or so, and Chris and I made a quick stop at the family cabin to check out the beach and visit with some of the neighbors!! We made it back to town in time to celebrate Jack's (Dad's) bday at Sergio's!! But after lunch, we crashed!! Chris was exhausted after all the hard work he put into camp, and now that it was over, he could finally relax!! We attempted to watch a movie, but ended up napping, of course, that afternoon. But we did take Gracie on a great 2 hr. walk that evening before crashing again on the couch with a couple more movies!! It was a nice day!!!

I knew I wouldn't get much quality time with Chris during camp, and I knew I wouldn't be ready to leave Monday evening, so I took Tuesday and Wednesday morning off. Tuesday was another relaxing day, but not quite as lazy!! We made a trip into Sequim and he showed me the beach area out by the lighthouse... it was beautiful!! AND, we got to see 3 eagles!! They flew right over the car... it was really cool!!!!

SO COOL!!!!!


So that was it!!! It was a nice 5 1/2 day weekend... and it totally spoiled me!! The wedding day needs to hurry up and get here already!!!

No comments: