Monday, May 31, 2010

Camp David Jr. 2010

We had another great year at Camp David Jr.! This is my 3rd year going to family camp, and it's funny to think back that the first year I came as a guest of Ana's, the next year I was engaged to Chris and this year we were enjoying our first year of marriage and expecting a baby boy in October! Crazy how fast time can fly!! It was a very different year for me this time around... besides the fact that I was "roughing" it cabin-style being pregnant! But Ana wasn't able to be here this year because she was on her honeymoon with Paul, but Jayden was!! YEAH!! It was great to have her here, even tho the rest of her immediate fam wasn't!! Another difference was I actually knew people this year!!! I have had the chance to establish my own friendships with folks in the church, so when Chris was off running around doing his director duties, I wasn't lost in a bunch of unfamiliar faces... I had my own friends to hang with!! It was a fun year!!! Each year, at the close of camp, Chris gives out camper awards... and he awarded me the "Savor it while it lasts" award... because this was my last year of peace, next year I'll be chasing a 7 mo. old!! Haha!!!




I love this one... all those men, and NONE of them offered to go chase Jayd's frisbee for her, but of course they were quick to give guidance from above!






I married a crazy man. This water was FREEZING!!!





























Apparently CRAZY runs in the family blood... here's my nieces Jayden and Rachel jumping in. It was a dare.



















No comments: