Friday, May 07, 2010

G.I.D.


Also known as Gender Identification Day... or at least that's what my co-workers called it. Ha! Chris and I had THE ultrasound today, where we could find out the sex of our baby. I was pretty nervous for most of the day, worried about whether Baby C would cooperate or not. We let the tech know that we wanted to know, and it didn't take too long before she blurted out that it was a BOY!!! The shot was a quick one, but she said she was sure!! So a boy it is!! The Cummings name lives on!!!

Baby C was SUPER active the entire time!! And as excited as I am to feel the baby move... after seeing how active he was... I might want to relish in these moments of peace!! :-) We didn't get as good of pictures this time, but it was still amazing to see him move around inside of me. We saw his little leg kick pretty hard and Chris was amazed at how I couldn't feel it! And then there was one shot where his mouth was opening and shutting... it was pretty funny!! Even tho my belly is getting bigger, and the evidence is there... it's still pretty surreal that I have a human being inside of me.

It seems as if we've been waiting FOREVER to find out if we're having a girl or a boy... so we can finally call it something other than IT, and so I can start SHOPPING!! But last night it dawned on me that we're not just having a boy... we're having a SON!!!!! That took it to a whole other level in my head!! We're having a son!!! I can't wait to see Chris hold him for the first time... and fall asleep with him on his chest... and play catch out in the yard!!! Yeah... just a little excited!!!

That evening we had friends (and dogs) over for a bbq! We shared our news, and our friends Adam and Rose shared their news that they were moving to Korea for atleast a year!! So it was a great night of hanging out with friends and celebrating life!!

No comments: