
On this particular Wednesday, we had a beautiful day, so Chris decided to take the kids out on a hike! I have to admit I wasn't too excited... I don't consider myself in shape anymore, and pregnancy tends to knock the wind out of me these days... so the idea of an estimated round trip, 4 mile hike... wasn't my favorite idea. But the kids were patient with the slow preggo, and it was definitely a beautiful hike! We saw SO many deer... I would say atleast 40 or so. It was amazing!!!
















We also ran into Chris's old boy scout leader, who mentioned him and his wife had seen a couple bears. Chris was behind me telling him to be quiet... but it was too late, the damage was done. I was terrified!!! And we were close to the top, which meant, we had to head back down as it was getting darker... great. Chris got a picture of Brian trying to convince me that black bears were harmless (below). HeG gave me a whole schpeel as to why they are safer, and not aggressive like Grizzlies. But even with my curiousity tempting me, I was ready to be in the car at that point.




It's almost impossibleto tell from the pic... but Garrett is pointing to the black bear! We saw one in the valley on our way back down the mountain. I saw it once with Chris a little higher up, but I was afraid to ask him, and he wasn't about to point it out! Ha! But as we got down a little farther, the kids had spotted it and were going crazy... there was no denying it at that point! Haha!! It was so far away, it wasn't bad... but if one were to cross the path I was hiking on, Chris would never get me out on the trails again!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment