Because we just didn't get enough time in the car for our trip to Kansas, we packed up and headed down to Portland the very next weekend! Chris's friend Eric was having his bachelor party in Portland, so we headed down and spent the weekend with Ana and the fam. Saturday, we spent the day out on the boat... which was SO nice!! We had perfect weather, and it was very relaxing! Chris headed out for the bachelor party that evening, and Ana & Paul went out, so Alexis and I had some great bonding time that evening! Jon also made the trip down that night for the bachelor party that night, so he was around on Sunday when we all got up. 

















Jon, Chris and I went to Mt. Olivet's sunday service, which was excellent... and was fun to show off my big belly, since I wasn't showing the last time! :-) The 3 of us headed out to eat for lunch, then back to the boat to meet up with Ana, Paul and the girls. However, things didn't go as planned for various reasons, and our outing was cut short after Chris and I attempted to get "His and Her's" concussions! I was first, when one of the huge metal speakers on the boat came crashing down right on my head and then landed on Lexi, who was on my lap. But between my head and hers, the baby and my belly were spared. It hurt really bad, bad enough to bring tears... so Chris checked the other one, everyone calmed down and within 5 minutes, the other one fell on Chris's head. He doesn't have the big head of hair to protect him, tho and he had 2 gashes on his head. I immediately started crying again to see my baby hurt, he was angry and at that point... we were done being on the boat. Needless to say the outing was done and Chris and I, and our headaches, ended up going shopping and picked out a crib for Baby C!! We headed back to the house, in time to say bye to Jon and we got ready to head out too. It was quite the day, but we were okay... neither of us passed out, or was nauseus, so we weren't worried about us having concussions. Plus, we had a doctor's appt. the next morning, so we asked him to check us out and he wasn't worried about it... so there was no need for us to worry! God is good!!! :-)





No comments:
Post a Comment