Monday, August 02, 2010

1st Anniversary

For our 1st anniversary, Chris and I headed to Seattle after church. What better way to celebrate our anniversary, than with another wedding!! Our friends, Eric and Kdee, were getting married that evening at the Seattle Tennis Club. It was a beautiful outdoor wedding, overlooking the water. It was pretty sweet, during the reception, Eric gave us a shout out, wishing us a happy 1 yr. anniversary!! And then the DJ thought it was pretty funny to get us out the 2nd round of the Anniversary dance by dismissing those that have been married less than 366 days. Haha! After the reception, Chris and I headed back to our hotel, took a quick swim and then hit the sack. The next morning, we walked to the Space Needle and then headed to some shops to start registering for baby stuff!!

It has been an amazing first year!! It's funny to think that it was just a few years ago, that I was blogging about being in a rut... and how my life had not changed in 9+ yrs. And now, within the past year, I got married to the man of my dreams, left Portland and moved to Port Angeles, bought a house and we're 2 mos. away from having our first baby!! What a year!!! I don't know if I can even put into words how blessed I feel. When I think of the man that I'm married to, I'm blown away by how awesome he is and how lucky I am!! He was definitely worth the wait!!! He is the most loving, caring, hard-working man that I know. I'm so proud of all that he does with the youth and to see how much the kids love him. My heart still melts when I see him interact with little kids, and can't wait to see him hold our son for the first time!! He's going to be such an amazing dad, and I'm so blessed to be able to share parenthood with him!!! He still makes me laugh, and knows exactly how to cheer me up, and he's so patient with my crazy mood swings and crying spells.. even before I was pregnant!! Haha!!! He never lets a day go by without telling me he loves me, and making me feel special and beautiful. He's encouraging and pushes me when I need to be pushed. I love this man more than anything... and I'm continuously praying that God will bless us with SO many more healthy and happy years to come!!!

1 comment:

Jeff and Michelle said...

Yay! Congratulations you guys - I can't believe how much your life has changed over the past couple of years, and I'm so happy for you that it did and that it's all working out so well!