Friday, August 13, 2010

Nursery Progress

The room is coming right along!! Chris finished mudding the drywall and enjoyed (NOT) a few hours of sanding! I crashed for the night, but he stayed up past 1am working on it... he's amazing! :-)

And then last week was a really eventful week! In a matter of a few days, Chris and I picked out carpet and paint colors on Mon. and Tues., painted the room on Wed. and Thurs. and had the carpet installed on Friday morning... just in time for Ana and the fam to come visit and actually have a room to sleep in!! LOL!! And I actually helped with the painting! Chris did the ceiling and most of the first coat (thanks to my emotional pregnancy breakdown), and then left with some friends on a 3 day hike... so I finished up the room with the 2nd coat!! But of course, have no pics to prove that I really did help!!!





My contribution was spilling a bunch of expensive paint of the floor! Oops!



The room color is a light beige and the carpet is a light beige with brown flecks to help conceal messes!! :-) We are both REALLY pleased with how it's turned out so far!! Jayden helped Chris paint the doors on Friday, so now all we have to do is paint the closet, pick out, paint and install the trim around the doors, window, floor and ceiling, and install the closet shelving system. We're SO close!!!!! Then will come the super fun stuff... buying nursery furniture!!!! :-)

No comments: