Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Middle School Camp

Who wouldn't want youth pastors like these 2 fine gentlemen! :-)

Last camp of the summer!! And thankfully, it was held a little closer to town! Middle School Camp was held out at Camp David Jr. (where we have our family camp each Memorial Day weekend!) We only had 1 middle school boy attend, and Chris was in charge of games... so he went out, but I stayed in town. I didn't enjoy staying at the house by myself at night, but it was nice to be able to drive out during the day and take part in camp! I ended up going out on Tuesday and Wednesday and was able to watch the games, hang out at free time and take in the evening sessions.

Thad and Chris were introducing the days games... and what better way than in tie-dyed XXL onesies!! And just like high school camp, every game is better when it involves a slip-n-slide... so Chris demonstrated...



Daniel getting ready for the slide of his life!







Chris and Daniel took the canoe out for a bit during free time... the weather was GREAT all week long!!


Chris said he'd jump in if the girls did...


Elizabeth didn't make the first jump... and got scolded.

But she did make the plunge and actually swam to the other dock... which is more than Rachel and Chris did!

This is what I did... sat in my chair and worked on my tan. Well, Tuesday I got burned... Wednesday was a little chilly... for which, I'm sure, my skin was thankful!!

No comments: