Wednesday, October 13, 2010

41 weeks

and still no baby!!
41 weeks - 10/11/10

On Monday we went to the hospital for a non-stress test (NST) and an ultrasound to check my fluid levels, to make sure the placenta was still healthy enough to give Mason the nutrition he needs. Everything checked out fine... his heartbeat was good, liquid amounts were good. So we just had to wait until our weekly doctor's appointment on Thursday to get checked again. Unfortunately, there was still no change. My body is just not progressing like it should. They scheduled another NST for Thursday afternoon, just to make sure Mason was still doing well, and thankfully, he was. So now, it's inducing time.

Chris and I are scheduled to go into the hospital at 6pm on Saturday. They are going to inject prostaglandins (I think) into my cervix for a 12 hr. period and see if it will thin out and dilate. It's possible that it can jump start things, including contractions... but it's also possible that it won't work. I'm not sure if they will try to put me on Pitocin Sunday morning regardless and see how things go... or if there's no change, they might just send me home and we'll try again in a few more days. I'm not sure, we're just going with the flow. SO... most likely we'll come home with Mason on Sunday or Monday, but there's also a slight chance we won't.

So that's the scoop! Chris and I went on a dinner date tonight, since we don't know when we might have that chance again for awhile! And now it's crunch time for me to get all my last minute things done around the house!!! Hopefully my procrastination doesn't take over and I don't wait until Saturday afternoon to start a bunch of projects!! Haha!!!

1 comment:

Jeff and Michelle said...

Good luck with everything this weekend! I'll be thinking about you and praying for all three of you!